hd-Wallet generation mnemonic?

I installed hd-wallet under nods.js npm, which generated wallet.browser.js, should it work in the browser? But I don’t know how to use it.

My aepp is developed in PHP, but I hope it works on the client’s browser. Can you give me an example? JavaScript is also available.

2 Likes

Can someone help me?

Hey Liu, welcome ! What is it exactly that you’re intending to achieve? I mean, what is the ultimate goal supposed to look like? Can you provide some source code?

The user opens the website on the browser and clicks the button to generate a mnemonic. You can log in with a mnemonic. The private key does not appear on the server. Mnemonic and transaction signatures should be executed in the terminal browser JavaScript compiler.

I haven’t started this part of the code yet. I don’t know what I should do to generate mnemonics and login.

I don’t want to use the waellet plugin, it is very troublesome to install it in China. More than 95% of users don’t know that it should be installed, and Google Store can’t be used normally in China. Most users don’t have the habit of using chrome and Firefox.

Hey, I’m not entirely sure what you mean by terminal browser JavaScript compiler, but the danger I see is the following: Assuming I got you right that you want to build a user log-in utilizing a private key that you derive from a mnemonic in the browser, (because you have difficulties installing the browser plugin). This is actually contrary to what we tell users . Because hereby they trust you not to steal their mnemonic.

A different question: In what regard is it troublesome to install it, in china? I would really like to know so we can work on different solutions that might suit your needs.

Cheers !

Chrome’s Google Store needs to cross China’s firewall.

Another reason is that I want to be able to use it on my phone. The plugin doesn’t seem to work?

It is not very important for financial security because it is not used to store user funds. But just need to use the characteristics of the blockchain to complete some functions.

I use the browser for the security of the user. Because so far, no third party is able to provide a third party API for hosting private keys to supply me access.

I mean, if I only use aeternity node, and php. Can I complete the mnemonic generation, signature, and transfer? If I don’t use JS-SDK on the server. I also don’t want to install node.js. Is there a way to achieve it?

Hu ~ may be a language relationship, I can’t understand what I describe.

I repeat: I need to be in a normal browser, such as Safari、ie? They use Safari to log in to my URL and generate mnemonics. what should I do,Can it do these things?

aebet.io ,Don’t know if you know who it is maintaining? I can’t open this website now, I can’t contact you. Get up early and it does all the functionality I need.

If you want to generate a keypair from a mnemonic, you need to use an SDK, preferably the JS sdk. The same accounts for signing transactions and broadcasting them. You could try to do that with PHP, which is absolutely not recommended and there is no framework for it, so you’d basically have to do everything manually.

Do I have other methods? Call it with PHP? Or can you use JavaScript that the browser can parse?

1 Like

Hey, you can simply include the JS SDK in the tags of your HTML which the PHP generates: GitHub - aeternity/aepp-sdk-js: Javascript SDK for the æternity blockchain

Yes, I understand. I used the tag.
But how should it be generated? I did not find the relevant documentation.
I tried Bip39 and it is feasible. It has very clear documentation and what function should I call.

In my browser console.log() doesn’t seem to work, why?

<body>
  <script src="aepp-sdk.browser-script.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript">

<!-- 
  I don't understand what to do here to generate mnemonics?  
  Can you give me an example?
 -->

</script>
</body>

@shekhar-shubhendu, @nduchak.chain can you help this fella out ?

Hey @LiuShao.chain, nice to meet you.
You can access HD-Wallet using

<body>
  <script src="aepp-sdk.browser-script.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript">

console.log(Ae.HdWallet)

</script>
</body>

and here you can find example of usage.

Thanks,
Naz

3 Likes