Help on ubuntu mining

Hello everyone,
I’ve been able, following the ubuntu tutorial, to set up mining.
For what i can see, after start the epoch i get the top block of heigh 8197,
but if i look at blockchain explorer on æternity Explorer
i get a different top block : 4620.
My epoch is version 25, it’s the explorer same version?
I think i’m missing something important :slight_smile:
Can someone explain me those height differences?

thanks a lot, Matteo

Hey @mitto,

Another user has similar problem, look here for details.

Seems like the blockexplorer (æternity Explorer) doesn’t reflect the real Testnet, but rather SDK-testnet. We are investigating and will keep you posted.

Regards,
Albena

Hi there,

There are currently (at least) 3 networks, the main UAT testnet, the SDK Testnet, and the SDK Edgenet. A bug prevents the explorer from connecting to any but SDK Testnet at the moment–we’re working on a fix. Apologies for the delay. But you are not doing anything wrong :slight_smile: I will post an update here when I have a fix.

j

1 Like

Thank you J , i’ll Wait for the fix

@albena.chain

Hey there, I can connect;

//sdk-testnet.aepps.com/
//sdk-edgenet.aepps.com/

to these two address from explorer status page.

but //uat-testnet.aepps.com/ is no-go and I think it doesn’t exist. So, my node is currently connected to uat-testnet (because based on height number, mine is at 9532 right now) and I’m trying to connect to uat-testnet from this page: æternity Explorer

Could you share the explorer address like //sdk-testnet.aepps.com/ for uat-testnet?

Hi there,

We (the SDK) team don’t provide or support the testnet, which is primarily for the core team (and provided by them). For most uses the test or edgenet is best.

j

1 Like

I understand now that those nets are two separate things, one aimed at core features and the other to the SDKs. Well, the question now is, if I were to test SDKs features and need to deploy contracts, create txs, and so on, how can I join those sdk testnets?

Edit: “Or, is there a way to bootstrap a local/private sdk testnet on which test and deploy code?”
Is this guide still valid? https://github.com/aeternity/aepp-sdk-python/blob/master/INSTALL.md
Taken from:
æpps update: Smart Contract Development | by æternity | æternity blog

Thanks

Or you could follow this: https://dev.aepps.com/
Which has a really useful set of links like the faucte for sdk-testnet and edgenet.

Hey @sirhashalot,

We just published a blog post dedicated to the three networks æternity is currently running - check it out here.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,
Albena