How does voting work then?

There have been 4 votes on the governance app so far, and no development since last year, but the main issue i see is: There doesn’t seem to be any traceability to this voting.

So, what if someone makes a voting and it gets all yes votes but it is less than 1% of the stakes? will it get developed? funded? how? when? by whom?

Can we get some clarification on this?

1 Like

Hey @Kryztoval

Maybe @emin.chain can comment on the Foundation’s position.

And @philipp.chain can speak on the development.

Voting works without any issues, the main problem is failing ledger support for contracts, where we are still waiting for feedback from the ledger team.

no development is needed right now, the app seems to work very well.

what do you mean? all the votes are verifyable just with access to a node by anyone.

As I thought you missed my point completely.

However, it was right there to be taken.

This is the lack of traceability:

So, what if someone makes a voting and it gets all yes votes but it is less than 1% of the stakes? will it get developed? funded? how? when? by whom?

So, how many votes does it need for a vote to be actioned upon? Who is gonna follow it thru? will it be funded?

I see absolutely no point in the voting being called “governance” if there is no change after a vote happens. And there is no clear definition on this.

As I said, there is no traceability, not on the voting or the result of the vote, but on what happens after the voting is completed.

Also, the voting app has not been working for the past 3 days. But that is a topic for another thread.

FYI we started integrating voting into superhero (social platform). makes more sense here so that more people will use it.

1 Like

but does it? how does that work? is it not on chain? how is that trackable? traceable? :frowning:

it works the same as governance, on-chain, fully trackable, verifyable and traceable

@YaniUnchained How is the superhero project going? I’m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Still doesn’t solve the question.

So what if it is on chain, and you can track who voted agains it and who voted in favor, It is not trackable because you can’t see the withdrawal linked to it, nor can you see what happened because of it according to the blockchain.

So this does not solve anything really. My question still prevails

Say there is a vote, and we vote we need something to be done, and everyone that votes says yes we need it. When will it be done? how is it gonna be paid? who is gonna pay it? how can we track it? how can someonethat made it get the reward for making it?

I don’t undesrtand if I am not being clear but this is suppossed to be (and was announced as) governance. Not a polling app like strawpoll. Strawpoll does not care what happens after the vote, but neither does twitter. So besides -staking- … errr… let’s calling, Saying that you are invested into a propossal, what else is there?

It does

yes you can see that (withdrawal of vote)

you can see the final polling result according to the blockchain, thats what the blockchain is used for.

Did you read the introduction post regarding the governance app? It describes all this and its limitations

I don’t know if you are ignoring me intentionally or incidentally.

This is not a governance thing this is a glorified poll. If a country has polls and people go vote but the result of the poll does not affect who gets elected it is not a governance but a survey.

I understand from your lack of reply to the questions at hand that there is no way to track if the result of the poll was applied in real life or if the resulting vote was completed, implemented or paid.

So this is not on chain governance at all.

1 Like

Hi, i think you are still missing the question. The first part is not his question it is a statement saying yes the voting is on the blockchain but so what.

The second part is the question and the part he wants an answer for. This …

Say there is a vote, and we vote we need something to be done, and everyone that votes says yes we need it. When will it be done? how is it gonna be paid? who is gonna pay it? how can we track it? how can someone that made it get the reward for making it?

I don’t undesrtand if I am not being clear but this is suppossed to be (and was announced as) governance. Not a polling app like strawpoll.

So no further real reply on here? @emin.chain

Are you disappointed?

There is a gradient mesh of voting implementation possibility as I see it. It is not a hard wired system but more like goals for the AE team and community.

If the team continues to respect the votes to the best of their ability then the voting has relevance. If the team chooses to ignore the votes then the whole system is irrelevant. This is not a black-and-white scenario which we technology and mathematically oriented people might have a hard time accepting.

In my opinion the team will operate in good faith but we will see how it plays out. Some votes will just be impossible. We cannot achieve 1 million TPS on chain for example. But I think this is how it has to be because we want it to be decentralized and not have the team as the only ones to create the polls

1 Like

But if the team is the only one that approves or rejects something already voted for and backed up by stakes. Then were it really staked? Is it decentralized? As you said. If it is ignored then it becomes irrelevant.

Yeah…I’m curious how it will play out when or if ledger support happens. And you made a good point earlier about total votes per poll. Small number of votes vs large votes maybe carry different weight of importance.

1 Like
1 Like

Well, the voting finalized. Now what is the next step?