Hyperchains development updates

HC are immune to long range attacks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

More than that I’d love to see a CDN we can all trust. 7mb isn’t bad if only the first app has to download it locally. Maybe something tied into the chain?

1 Like

In theory though you could use multiple chains and thats where I think it gets really interesting because the attack has to be on more than one chain.

so no more double spend attack at exchange?

4 Likes

When will hyperchain be released?

Have a look at the latest roadmap update here:

You can already try out an early version of the private testnet :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Excuse me, is there any update here? @gorbak25

Sorry for the missing update. I took over from Grzegorz (@gorbak25) and completely forgot about those.

Update #18 [21 April - 10 June]

HC Private testnet

The testnet works and we are preparing documention for public consumption. Last month we have made a lot of improvements behind the scenes to our codebase. Lunching the testnet is now only a few commands on a Linux machine. Stay tuned for a big announcements with the instructions how to lunch a local testnet yourself.

Codebase improvements

We spend time improving our codebase. Our test suite is more extensive and we resolved some incompatiblities. Hyperchains were also updated to IRIS.

Article & Whitepaper

We wrote a “Hyperchains explained” article that has gone through internal review and hopefully you should start getting it in parts or as a big chunk shortly (it’s the responsibility of the marketing team now).

The v2 of Whiepaper is in the works and it should be published early next month (maybe sunner). We are also planning to do an AMA session and publish an explainer video in next weeks.

Frontend

Hyperchains are at the stage where frontend developers will be able to to start working on the UI. We are currently in the boring process of: planning the work, defining how and what information will be presented to the user, arranging support for the wallets etc…

9 Likes

gorbak has stop work on hyperchain?

4 Likes

So I understand the concept of Hyperchains doesn’t require anything on the parent chain, but is there a way to pass info between chains using hyperchains?

Like when you use Ethereum, it would be really useful to have a way to also ingest data from Ethereum.

1 Like

超链现在进展的还顺利么

2 Likes

I want to know the latest progress of Hyperchains. Any news?

4 Likes

What’s the remaining schedule?

1 Like

Can you announce the latest progress of the project?

1 Like

Where is The v2 of Whiepaper about Hyperchains? What’s the new progress of the Hyperchains? Who can tell us, nobody?

2 Likes

Can you announce the latest progress of the project?

2 Likes

Important update coming very soon! :star_struck:

1 Like

Apologies for the silence.

We recently started merging the Hyperchains team with the Core Team, and are currently in the process of regrouping and synching up.

Our near-term plan is to consolidate Hyperchains PRs and get them merged into Aeternity master. We also plan to get an updated whitepaper out as soon as we can.

Among new items we want to add soon is an Aeternity parent chain connector, making it possible to get started soon with child chains for experimentation. Connecting to the Aeternity mainnet will be much cheaper than Bitcoin or Litecoin, and might also open up possibilities for scaling out Aeternity functionality in various ways.

We will be adding Hyperchains updates to our weekly Core Team progress reports.

9 Likes

@uwiger When you are talking about connector you mean like being able to run the majority of the contract on Aeternity with maybe a public api on Ethereum?

1 Like

Thanks to the core team, thanks to ulf. We have seen the light, and we are in sight of victory.

3 Likes