Installation problems with aeproject in Catalina mac os

The installation of the npm i -g aeproject command makes it ok, but then it does not recognize the aeproject command.
When run aeproject, displied de next message “aeproject: Command not found.”
Any suggestions?
Version npm 6.9.0

Thank you

is /usr/local/bin/ in your path?

echo path

do you have /usr/local/bin/aeproject?

ls -l /usr/local/bin/aeproject

This is my path.

echo $PATH

/usr/local/sbin:/Users/gabriel/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.7/bin:/Users/gabriel/.rvm/gems/[email protected]/bin:/Users/gabriel/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.3.7/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin:/usr/local/bin:/Users/gabriel/.rbenv/shims:/Users/gabriel/.rbenv/shims:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Library/Apple/usr/bin:/Library/Apple/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/git/bin:/Users/gabriel/.rvm/bin

And this is my output when I run this:
npm install -g aeproject

/Users/gabriel/.npm-global/bin/aeproject -> /Users/gabriel/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/aeproject/aeproject-cli.js

not sure why, but looks like it installed it under your home directory, specifically in /Users/gabriel/.npm-global/bin/aeproject which is a symlink to /Users/gabriel/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/aeproject/aeproject-cli.js

Obviously /Users/gabriel/.npm-global/bin/aeproject is not in your PATH and it doesn’t find it…

In my case I got this:

/usr/local/bin/aeproject -> …/lib/node_modules/aeproject/aeproject-cli.js

So, under the current installation path, these are 2 possible options:

1. Add /Users/gabriel/.npm-global/bin/ to your PATH. You can achieve this by adding something like this to your ~/.bash_profile:

export PATH="${HOME}/.npm-global/bin:${PATH}"

1. Create a symlink like this:

link -s /Users/gabriel/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/aeproject/aeproject-cli.js /usr/local/bin/aeproject

Regards

Thank You so much. I did the second option, and work great.
Regards
Gabriel

3 Likes

Awesome, I’m glad that worked!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like