Issue with aesophia CLI on Ubuntu 21.04

Dear All,

aesophia_cli is not working on the Ubuntu 21.04 machine. I have installed rebar and its dependencies. Following are the machine specifications. Please let me know if you need any further details.

• Operating System: Ubuntu 21.04
  • Kernel: Linux 5.11.0-25-generic
  • Architecture: x86-64
2 Likes

Perhaps, just maybe, It would be helpful with some sort of a description of what you are trying to do, and what isn’t working… :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @hanssv.chain for the quick response. I am trying to run the following build instructions related to the aesophia_cli repo in the GitHub.

1 Like

Great, that answered what you were trying to do. Now if you could also answer the question about what isn’t working? Preferably with some actual commands and error messages?!

2 Likes

I was in discussion with @dincho.chain regarding that today because I wanted to test the new upcoming template for contract development that makes explicit use of the aesophia_cli binary.

@hanssv.chain I get the following error when trying to compile a contract using the CLI:

marc0olo@DESKTOP-B1QLEDL:~/git/aeternity/aepp-template$ ./bin/aesophia_cli contracts/Example.aes
/usr/bin/env: ‘escript’: Permission denied

my guess is that there are some dependencies needed in order to execute the binary. it would be great to have a package of the CLI wit Erlang bundled.

I am running on Windows and using WSL with Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS and I do not have specific dependencies installed right now

@gokulalex in my case I just wanted to execute the binary of the CLI and it failed due to a missing Erlang installation.

after installing Erlang it worked properly

Thank you @marco.chain for the pointers. Please let me retry after installing Erlang essentials.

1 Like