Let 1 billion people use aeternity (AE)!

So how can aeternity (AE) make it available to 1 billion people?

The main problems facing aeternity now: I personally, I am a fan of aeternity , I have tried to find ways to use aeternity more. As far as my personal daily life is concerned, where can I use digital currency, currently Both can be resolved with currency .

But real demand determines real value, and real value determines price. So what should we do with the road to trillions of market value of aeternity ?

According to the theory of minimum network effects, if the first 100,000 people can use aeternity , a preliminary network effect will be formed, and 1 billion people will use aeternity in the future . Where are the first 100,000 people just now? Where is the real demand for digital currency?

I summarize in three words: Innovation, illegal, restricted .

Let’s talk about innovation : If you want to allow traditional companies and merchants to accept digital currency, it may be more difficult to consider issues such as audience accuracy, laws, and compliance.

But for emerging companies, Internet companies, high-tech companies, and especially blockchain native companies, these companies should be the easiest to accept digital currencies.

A small win is a big win, and a small amount is a big trend. These companies are the spark of the widespread digital currency in the future.

Regarding illegal acts : such as drugs, gambling, etc., this is a bit awkward. It is these illegal acts that really have a strong and rigid need for digital currencies, and the anonymity of digital currencies also objectively facilitates illegal acts.

However, this point violates the law after all, and does not conform to the good public order and customs of the society. Therefore, we do not encourage this point, but it is also difficult to eliminate it.

Finally, talk about restrictions : In the current payment and settlement system with fiat currencies as the main body, many behaviors are restricted.

For example, P2P and equity payment acceptance payment systems are restricted. For example, some special industries need to go through many procedures to access the existing payment system. There are also restrictions on the amount of large transfers, such as the impact of exchange rates that are difficult to eliminate when cross-border payments and many more,

Where these fiat currency payments are restricted, it is also the main area of ​​digital currency development.

The goal of digital currency is not to replace or compete with fiat currencies, but to make up for the deficiencies of fiat currencies and compete with fiat currencies where they lack competitiveness, thereby bringing greater convenience to society.

I’m not going to lie to you and say that aeternity is guaranteed to one day become the next world reserve currency. Far from it. There is still a ton of work that needs to be done in order to scale the system to serve the global economy. But I do believe that aeternity has the best chance of achieving that goal.I see it as the better investment with the potential for a much higher rate of return.

Frankly speaking, from the perspective of business acquisition, globally, due to the efforts of many volunteers to promote, aeternity has won some adoption by users and enterprises, but in addition to a few countries and regions , The overall market adoption rate of aeternity is not high. I think this is mainly because the community’s publicity resources and technical resources are not invested in suitable areas, such as superhero.com, a product that consumes a lot of resources in the community.

Qualitative user needs

Taking superhero.com as an example, there is no doubt that superhero is a great experiment on social media , but besides AE, what else does superhero have in the market? Twitter and Facebook are now very mature, with a large number of users, and the existing system has actually formed a network effect, so why do Twitter or Facebook users still use superhero?

For superhero, many users from Twitter and Facebook have established mature and stable businesses on these platforms, and these platforms already have more functions than superhero . For now, although these traditional social platforms are centralized, users still prefer their functionality and ease of use. So please use and support Superhero.com

Commercial adoption

Commercial adoption has been the focus of the aeternity community’s efforts to promote aeternity value growth. However, compared with the energy spent, the price of aeternity has not risen significantly, and the return of adoption on the chain is negative, and the promotion of adoption has not achieved obvious results. The solution is to shift the energy from advancing the adoption of businesses and enterprises to building more applications or platforms. Simply put, the focus shifts from promoting merchants to promoting users. If there are enough users, then merchants and enterprises will naturally accept aeternity . If enough corporate customers use a certain currency and show willingness to purchase goods or services, then companies will naturally accept this currency as a payment method for their goods or services.

Moving from a merchant approach, we can start to shift our focus to building applications or platforms in a niche environment. We focus on the niche market precisely because aeternity is also a niche market. Therefore, by adding the right basic application, aeternity may shine in the right market. Therefore, the solution is to build applications in the smallest niche market in an environment with little competition.

The way forward

Aeternity has come a long way since its inception. It’s been quite a journey, with the main problem being the lack of a robust application layer. Moving forward, the community should focus on smaller markets with more opportunities for aeternity to shine, and we should do so as soon as possible. The new path builds the core application layer of aeternity and provides an opportunity to build new network effects and bring aeternity to market. This is the way forward for aeternity .

You can support me via:

arslankhalid01.chain

Aeternity : ak_Ne6WyZC4PTfowXg7FnVBop4mEaNXpEH5U6p5JLF27wUZSaAZq

11 Likes

Thank you for this post! I am convinced adding a social component to aeternity is the right idea.

But I think this is a journey that needs to start where the user is today. Which is at the large networks, platforms and - first and foremost - in email. So I hope you’ll help us with the Æmail focused approach outlined at Email to scale: Getting to real-world usage for aeternity as the first step on this journey.

3 Likes

@greve @arslankhalid @lydia This is a nice topic worthy of being discussed.

1 Like

How many people are using it now?

Like 200? Maybe 500. :stuck_out_tongue:

It will never grow in Asia. Asia likes to use free infrastructure. Like Twitter, Facebook, etc. You can charge in other value-added ways, such as limited capacity? But no one likes the idea of paying a monthly fee, even if it looks cheap.

Features that attract a large number of users first and add value later are the business models that Asia likes. And it continues to be successful.

2 Likes

Yes i.agree

Thank you for your feedback! :pray:

FWIW, those services are extremely expensive.

Only that the payment is not in fiat currency. I can see how for many people there might be an attitude of “what is one more group that knows everything I think and do and can sell the capability to tell me what to know and what to think and buy.” But my brain and my time are my most valuable resources. So those services are definitely not free. Not sure “the social dilemma” is available where you are, but it is one of the documentaries that have come out in recent years that try to explain what is going on behind the scenes.

TL;DR: Much of Silicon Valley is built on the stratagem Toss out a Brick to Obtain the Jade.

Anyhow: I am anyway not sure especially China is going to be the primary focus right now. WeChat is playing much of the role that Email plays in the rest of the world and I don’t see that changing because WeChat is much easier to centrally control than a decentralised, federated, peer to peer solution like Email.

In fact, its censorship resistance is one of the reasons Email is so strong in the rest of the world.

So the US and Europe are probably easier for the initial go to market.

And like I said in the main thread: We’re looking for ways to make as much of the service free of charge to consumers as possible without compromising the principles of self-sovereignty and privacy. A token component may actually achieve that in future.

But we have to start where people are today, and a free initial period followed by low key subscription payments is currently the most successful model on the internet for any service that does not sell influence over its users - so that is what we went with for starters.

We’ll keep refining this, and will likely do things like referral programs with rewards by free months and such. But building the systems to automate all of that come after actually finishing and polishing the solution itself.

It’s a journey… and this was just the first baby step of the very first release in Microsoft App Source to gather some initial feedback on the solution itself.