I would like to hear your opinion about drop of .test namespace
We introduced it, because we didn’t have fair distribution mechanism of names.
It let us test naming usage.
For Lima we will have protcol level auctions.
I realize there is couple big parties owning large amount of names. Please advise.
In favour of the drop:
- Database gets emptied from test names - lighter full node - faster sync
- Less code to maintain as old structures are gone
- Someone already using it extensively
- Tokens burned (maybe foundation can re-imburse or we un-burn them?)
- Good to have .test namespace (why? tools should be oriented around .aet one)
- delete test
- keep test