Meetup at Lions Villa Coffee Shop, kabale UG

Info

• Date 28th-01-2020
  • Location: Lions Villa Restaurant, Bar and Coffe Shop, Kabale Uganda
  • Participants: 17

This meetup was attanded by some students from Kabale Univversity, we majorly focused on topics like blockchain & crypto currencies, aeternity blockchain and its advantages over other blockchain projects, went through introduction and development courses on dacade.org, dApps and Aepps, how blockchain technology is innovating the current financial services using decentralized blockchain technology.

We also looked at the AE ventures, and why they support Blockchain startups, aeternity starfleet program with the current ongoing application for any solid blockchain use case.

3 Likes

Congratulations on the successful meetup! I hope to see many of these participants developing something great and maybe in the next Starfleet.

2 Likes

@Jabzrodgers.chain you mentioned to me that you will work with the local students on a use case in “Decentralized digital advertising for end-to-end trust and transparency in the advertisement sector.” Could you please tell us a bit more about this idea?

1 Like

The Idea is to connect advertisers and publishers more efficiently reducing advertisements costs, unnecessary ads, use digital ledgers to record all media transactions in a secure, immutable manner, and this could also help consumers be rewarded based on the smart contracts unlike the traditional system where users get little or no rewards for viewing the adds

1 Like

Interesting @Jabzrodgers.chain, did you make some research already of similar blockchain projects? How could we make use of æternity’s specific features like state channels and oracles for this use case? :bulb:

2 Likes

Yes @erik.chain I made some research. æternity’s Specific features like State channels can be used to allow an advertiser and a publisher to synchronize their recorded advertising impressions in real time, they can maintain a state channel for the duration of their business relationship periodically checkpointing the channel state onchain and all data can be kept private between these parties, even during checkpointing, unless there is a dispute.

2 Likes