Need help on aeternity Blockchain

Hello everyone,

I am new to aeternity blockchain. I had few questions.

1. I don’t want to use any crypto currency to make a transaction (0 value transaction). I want store only message in the main blockchain network without spending any charge. Is it possible in Aeternity blockchain?

2. How to implement IOT and aeternity.

3. If I want to store any information in blockchain. If I have use case where millions of transactiosn are happening then, Do i need to run aternity node in my local and run æternal (middleware server) and node js server to interact with mainchain is this the flow ? How to store and retrieve a information in aeternity blockchain ?

4. group A (a1, a2, a3, a4…) , group B (b1, b2, b3, b4…) , group C(c1, c2, c3…).
    if the user b1 posts a transactions (t1, t2, t3) to a1. then only a1 and any one from group C
    should retreive the information of a1 and see the information in it.

I know too many question at a time😁. Thank you for answers

I can try give some answers

1. At the end of the day someone has to pay for the transaction, there are no free transactions. In the next protocol version (a.k.a. hard-fork) we will add support for “paying for” someone else’s transaction, but there is always someone paying.

2. I don’t know enough to comment on, sorry.

3. If you got millions of transactions (and the time scale isn’t several years) it sounds like you’d like to setup some sort of state channel solution or else you will run into problems with the number of transactions the network can handle. :thinking:

4. This sounds like some elaborate multi-sig/zero-knowledge proof scheme, and I am no expert but I don’t see why it could not be done. From the next protocol version there will be support in Sophia and the contract VM to do more fancy cryptographic computations, including zero-knowledge proof checking.

7 Likes

@suresh sounds like you are looking for statechannels. using state channels you can have millions of parallel transactions on private or optionally public “mini-sidechains”. Only opening and closing of a state channel requires a tx-fee, which is currently almost negligible.

For storing volumes of data, better use IPFS or similar cryptographic data structures and only store the pointers (hashes) on æternity blockchain.

2 Likes