November month meetup - Introduction to Aeternity

MEETUP or HÆCKATHON
Hello everyone, I am conducting an introduction to Aeternity meetup with the WomenWhoCode Blockchain group on the 4th of November from 12pm EST - 1 pm EST.

AGENDA
This meetup would give an introduction to Aeternity blockchain, the various features of Aeternity and share some practical implementations of Aeternity.

TARGET GROUP
Beginner audience with a basic background in Blockchain.

TIME START: 12 pm EST
TIME END: 1 pm EST

Here is the link to register: Blockchain | Women Who Code

P.S: The event is open to all. Looking forward to seeing you at the meetup!

4 Likes

Great! Looking forward to your first meetup @gyan0890 :slightly_smiling_face: I suppose this is a general meetup and not a hackathon?

Yes, its a general meetup :)! Is there anywhere else where I can publicise more about the meetup?

@gyan0890 Great!! You can share it on meetup.com, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Whatsapp… any where you can reach your target audience :smiley:

Also please share your social media links here :raised_hands: :muscle:

And share the news about our upcoming DeFi Hæckathon :rocket: :pray:

https://haeck.superhero.com/

1 Like

Sure. Will do :slight_smile: I am @gyanlakshmi on twitter and @asligyan on Instagram. I generally tend to post a lot on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/gyan-lakshmi). Sure, will share the DeFi Hæckathon news in the meetup :). Will keep everyone posted on how it goes!

3 Likes

Hey everyone! I had a great introductory meetup session :slight_smile: !! Will share the recording once it’s up on youtube!

1 Like

Thanks @gyan0890 ! Let us know about all questions and feedback as well please! :slight_smile:

Sure, I got a question on State Channels and how they are particularly different in Aeternity. Apart from that, I didn’t get any major questions as such. More interest on how solutions can be developed on Aeternity.

2 Likes

Great, please let us know @gyan0890 in case you need help with any of the questions, I imagine especially state channels are difficult to explain as of now, more tutorials are needed still.

Yeah for sure. I think I am also interested in doing my own research in the space of state Channels but any resource links that you have would be of great help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Basically all I can think of is this:

https://forum.aeternity.com/t/documentations-related-to-state-channels/6637/3

Do you have more ideas for where beginners can start to read about state channels @ae-omar ?

That’s a very good starting point. There is a demo app that was made, the coin toss game : GitHub - aeternity/coin-toss-game: The UI for the (developer focused) state channel demo.

State channels are complex and still need some polishing based on developers feedback so I’m very happy that you will be working on it. Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Hi Omar,

Thanks for the link, I have shared the same with the participant who had a doubt. She came back to me with another question:

Hi, I had a question

https://aeternity.com/documentation-hub/protocol/channels/ - Regarding this link here

Do you have any idea about its implementation? The last part of the article is missing: Light node requirements and Future Work.

Let me know if you have any info. thank you!

1 Like

Hi @gyan0890, documentation hub still in process of being updated. Particularly in state channel we are a little behind on both examples and documentation. Anyway those two subject you are pointing are still for the future I think.

@dimitar.chain could bring us some light here?

1 Like

Hey team,
My talk video is out on youtube: Intro to Blockchain Framework: Æternity - YouTube
Please feel free to share your comments :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for this great presentation @gyan0890! I sent you a tip on Superhero by the way :slight_smile:
https://superhero.com/tip/2286_v1

Great intro to the technical stack of æternity from a conceptual perspective, also mentions of Hypermine and Superhero, congrats to your first meetup, very well done!! :clap::clap:

Hope you liked doing this, looking forward to your next contributions :smiley:

1 Like