Please AE team must pay attention to this post!

I have to say that you should not do this before aeternity succeeds before it becomes great. You work for the ae team.

If you study it carefully, you will understand that the exchange where AE is located is operated by the Chinese team.

1 Like

Totally agree. But in order to build a better, open community, you also need to allow different opinions and you need to be open to debate.

Just taking one strong position won’t help. If you look at one of Bitcoin’s Core Developers, Luke, he has 7 children and says everyone in the world should be armed with a weapon. You don’t have to agree with him - but you’re welcome to debate.

I don’t know whats going in in Hong Kong exactly. I just know what my friends tell me, the images and videos i see in chat groups and articles i read, like these

I’m very interested to get more first-hand information from people like you and i won’t judge anyone for his or her opinion. Just let me have my own too.

1 Like

Can I just say that there has been so much misinformation about the China - Hong Kong conflict, especially in Europe. There were so many fake news and reports even on Twitter. I think Emin was just looking for the truth with this retweet like everyone else. He accused no one.

3 Likes

Although you just want to know what happened, it is because of political issues. There are some people who take this screenshot crazy spread. It will have a very bad negative impact

1 Like

I think the aeternity protocol is already great, i’ve just written a new piece about its tech:

I don’t support censorship. This is why is started with Blockchain in the first place. I don’t want to offend anyone and I don’t attack anyone from the Chinese community.

I think this conversation is great and i’m happy to answer every of your question.

2 Likes

Propaganda is a very dangerous thing. We will also face a lot of attacks like this on several ecosystems. Humans are much more complicated then technology. I’ve given a talk about governance here:

and there will also be no censorship at the aeternity governance aepp

In January, @ssh wrote a piece about governance here too, its worth a read, even though work in progress:

2 Likes

You don’t have to defend me Albena :wink: what misinformation did you see? Or anyone here. What would you say is wrong information and why?

I would really like to read your views on this.

1 Like

Please understand one thing, your tweet marks this aeternity foundation, although you have not had excessive rhetoric, please do not use aeternity related social communication to publish or forward political events! ! !

1 Like

This is not aeternity related communication. It is my private twitter channel twitter.com/em

It is very important that you understand that this is my personal twitter account and has nothing to do with the aeternity crypto foundation.

2 Likes

Please see my mark

Yes, its where i work, i’ve changed it to make it more clear. Check again. If you want to learn more about me, you can also visit www.emin.de or here https://www.linkedin.com/in/eminmahrt/

1 Like

Speech requires freedom, but it needs to be governed before it is strong enough to be unconstrained by the state. I am doing an aepp-twitter these few days. Yesterday I was thinking about how I should manage some information related to political topics before he grows up.

1 Like

I mean news like this one:

I have read so many contradictory stories, I feel lost already. I think it’s way early to say who is spreading disinformation exactly as the conflict is ongoing. That is why I also really appreciate hearing stories first-hand from our Chinese community here.

Help us get a better understanding of the situation, guys :slight_smile:

On Blockchain, it would be nice to work with reputation. With the governance aepp there will be weighted delegated voting, you can delegate your votes to anyone you trust and also take them away at any time, in a liquid way.

It is very well described here:

Lg
Emin

PS: i guess i have lost some reputation right now within the Chinese community.

I believe that all Chinese community friends want to cut pow and mobile part of the reward to the holder staking, the price continues to slump, we hope to insist on rewards, not pow’s meaningless dumping! In addition, the ether and zcash of the pow camp are about to move toward the era of staking. They are only unilaterally governed, and there are very few participants. The previous BRI voting is the best example! We want all players to participate in community building, not speculation or watching! Looking forward to the voting function can bring great changes to the ae community!

1 Like

Fantastic! Yes, all you say can and should be discussed as soon as the governance aepp is launched. The aepp is already in public testing. Please try it and give feedback how to improve!

The future or aeternity is open governance and collective decision making.

Ether uses the smart contract to open the era of ico, but this is not perfect, breeding a lot of scams! If aeternity can play a good governance function, use ico+dao to open a new IDO era, maybe this project can make a breakthrough!

2 Likes

This is not about freedom of speech, but about emotional intelligence. This message may be used by people and has a serious impact. If used, it will cause the value of AE TOKEN to fall. A qualified operation should know how to avoid talking about politics. This is the basic quality. Learning to use the human heart instead of being used by the human heart is an esoteric study. Please remove Twitter to avoid being used by criminals.

2 Likes

Hi @xixuesky i agree that you have to be careful when you’re in an representing position like i am. I understand your concern but i also like this discussion and think its important that we talk about censorship, propaganda and attack vectors to the ecosystem like we are doing it here and right now.

I also think that my tweet doesn’t take any positioning. I am also not talking politics, i’m asking what is going on. Don’t you wonder about this yourself?

I really like

Learning to use the human heart instead of being used by the human heart is an esoteric study.

and i also thank you for being polite and explaining the fear that someone will use my tweet to market against aeternity by trying to sell it as the communities opinion and not my own. I will consider if i take down the post, but right now i can not think of any way how criminals would use this tweet against the aeternity community.

If you want to spread fake news and propaganda, just do it, its very easy. I think if we allow open debate and for example point people to this forum discussion, we will get way more out of this then just deleting a tweet.

Emin, I get in interested with ae because it is decentralized. I also agree with you that a country should be democratic. However it is not a good idea to talk about politics of China in public, it may hurt ae team. Chinese market is one of most important market of ae, and Chinese community always is your powerful support. At right now, the most important thing for ae community is to develop ae ecosystems.