Questionnaire about æternity Explorer (Middleware Frontend)

ohh, that’s also interesting. I put it into the list above :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like aeScan as it is similar to etherscan/btcscan or polkascan. I think we are allowed to differ, but I think in the end it is better to have a market standard. It helps most for the logic for users to find it easier.

So this means I would suggest: aeScan or scaenner.

6 Likes

I also think æScan is a good name :thinking:

2 Likes

I prefer Indaex as the name of the new browser.

1 Like

æScan sounds good to me as well :raised_hand:

I prefer æternity explorer :smiley:

2 Likes

added to the list :stuck_out_tongue: looking forward to the vote! :smiley:

1 Like

I like indaex

æscan is nice. What about æxplorer?

1 Like

will be added to the list of the upcoming vote! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does it mean that a new browser is coming ?
:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

new explorer will come, yes - and of course it will be 100% open source as usual :blush:

3 Likes

I’ve only had a chance to glance at the concept site a few times. Do we know the URL schema for the new explorer, by any chance? The reason I’m asking is the new marketplace site Tsuriai deployed places explorer links to every part of a sale that occurs on chain (so TX links prior to a contract call being mined, contract links after calls have been mined, public keys, etc. – the “Contract ID” link on a sales item page being one example: Ægoraへようこそ! ) and it would be nice to get a head start sorting the change out for whenever the big switch comes.

Ah… also… for anyone wondering what I mean about “the new marketplace” I was hoping to get a post organized today to fully explain it, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. The mainnet site is at https://aegora.jp and the testnet site is at https://testnet.aegora.jp. The TL;DR is that there is a new marketplace for ordinary person-to-person ecommerce that uses on-chain AE (through smart contracts) as a drop in replacement payment method for Visa/PayPal/etc. It is super simple to use, but people are so unused to the concept of using actual crypto actually on-chain for actual real-world goods that some explanation is in order! (The site is very bare-bones at the moment – a lot of extra help information, tutorials, explainers, video, etc. are in order.)

3 Likes

we will make sure URLs won’t break. for MVP the current explorer cannot immediately be replaced

once this is doable, old explorer will be shut down and old links will remain working :wink:

e.g. contract page is not part of MVP unfortunately, so you will still have to use the old explorer for that anyway. of course the goal is to ship the missing pages as soon as possible after MVP release.

also, the source code will be published open-source as usual so that everybody can host their own version or help contributing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh! That’s great. We might wind up putting an additional instance up as well, then – similar to how we have public AE nodes running to service the marketplace itself. Good to know. Thanks.

3 Likes