[ROADMAP] Aeternity HyperChains General Roadmap & Release Schedule 2021

Many cryptocurrencies have been attacked by 51. Please see how other teams deal with it!
From your above discussion, you are still explaining why the 51 attack occurred and what its principle is. You didn’t start from the perspective of solving the problem.
I know that AE was attacked by 51, not a code or architecture bug. But when a problem occurs, if you don’t solve it, it’s your problem. Look at other Cryptocurrency team and don’t always think you’re right.
Resolve it,ok!!!!

AF is an AE cryptocurrency foundation. When AE has problems in distributors, please actively solve them instead of evading responsibility. Your responsibility is to solve him, which is what you need to do.
If the AE team feels that this problem should not be solved by AF. What I want to ask is why other cryptocurrency teams took the initiative to bear the losses after the 51 attack and actively contacted the exchange to solve the circulation problem.

There is much talk about “the team”. What exactly is this team?
Many think of it as “the core team” (of which I am a part). You throw out vague accusation of “the team” making mistakes, not owning up to them, and focusing on the wrong things. I am trying to get you to be more specific.

I can tell you what we in the core team have done. If some exchange wants “the team” to cough up a million AE to cover their losses, my response will of course be that I don’t have it, it’s not my role to provide insurance to people that want to use the chain, and even that it’s questionable to demand payment from people who had no direct responsibility for what occurred. We build blockchain technology. We don’t sell insurance, and we certainly don’t honor insurance claims to policies we never offered.

(If you feel that you want to offer free loss protection to traders, I’m sure they will be happy to accept it.)

It’s not entirely clear, based on what requests we get, what other teams have done. Occasionally, we’re asked to track down the stolen money and simply return them. We then explain that it’s not technically possible to do so. If other chains support that feature, perhaps we should market the fact that on Aeternity, not even “the team” can subvert the protection and “steal back” your tokens.

If you have concrete suggestions on how to restore other people’s confidence in AE, I’m all ears. As a member of the core team, I can certainly help argue for good ideas. What I and the core team can actually do is work to make the core technology as secure and usable as possible, and help explain how it works. To people who only see crypto as a speculation market, this will not matter at all, and whatever “team” is supposedly responsible to keep them happy, I’m not on it.

One thing we have done is consistently argue that it is safe to use 101 confirmations for deposits, and that more confirmations will not add more safety. Gate.io has recently reduced the confirmation requirement drastically, so that it now approaches our recommendation. Their confirmation tracking now works better, but still seems to be lagging, or possibly get stuck.

We are grateful to gate.io for continuing to trade AE. Having access to easy ways to trade is of course a vital requirement for adoption. If the majority of exchanges are going to focus on the highest-ranking coins and those who offer loss insurance, we in the core team feel that our focus should shift towards supporting decentralized trade options. It’s unfortunate if a few major players can act as gatekeepers, deciding which DeFi platforms can be seen as viable. That would pretty much defeat the concept, don’t you think?

One thing that should be obvious to everyone is that higher traffic on the AE chain makes it more interesting to exchanges. The role of the Foundation is to support and help facilitate that, primarily by supporting the core technology.

6 Likes

I support you; also understand the team difficulties。if the team provides money to cover the loss; the team development is not funded.I feel that the presence of a team is even more important

It’s normal to want to make money investing. It’s normal to want to be human! Who wouldn’t want to see a chain attacked? The attack took place eight months ago, and I’m sure the program has done a lot to make that happen? If communication with the exchange is really unsolvable, can it be settled through an arbitration body? Eight months on, and no response from the exchange or the project side to the attack? We can’t keep throwing away problems like this. Is that bad for everyone?

1 Like

First by AF Communication conclusions ;huobi should not be lost coin; no reason not to open charge.If Huobi refuses; the communication records of both should be sent; believe the community will contribute to urge Huobi resolve。
Second;Accelerate the research and development of hyperchain;The hyperchain as soon as possible is the key to the opening of recharge and withdrawal; because the hyperchain can pos pledge income after going online; This involves all earnings; all ae investors will put pressure on the exchange.
Final;Apply for other compliance exchanges such as coinbase can also boost morale; and expand users。
The team can strive to achieve the second and third points; Some users complain; because the 1,2,3 points have no effective progress .Thanks to AF and your team for their efforts; come on!
Investors will also have to understand that the team cannot control the exchange; I believe as long as ae grows; reach the top 50; the exchange will devote effort to solve problems. Investors also want to understand the team because now ae volume is too low; low fees.So the exchanges don’t value it because they just want the money
@uwiger @lydia @LiuShao.chain

3 Likes

The team and the foundation are not wrong and should not be responsible for this. The team has been working hard to make aeternity better. This is enough.aeternity is a decentralized platform, in a decentralized world, you are responsible for yourself

3 Likes

CEX hasn’t been solved for eight months. Which DEX are we online?

1 Like

Isn’t this manually set by the node? because I don’t think 100 is hardcoded.

1 Like

Thank you for taking time for answering some question here.

1 Like

Why can’t I see the time node of the task in the roadmap ????
I don’t think this is a roadmap. It’s just a simple description of hyper chains.

In fact, the community is most concerned about the progress of Hyperchain development. However, since the establishment of the project in 19, there has not been a first version that can be implemented. The community agrees that a deliverable version has not been released for so long. The team should have an explanation for the extension or the person in charge should stand up and regain confidence. Rather than deleting and banning in the forum, the community has no patience. Now the time node of the hyperlink must be announced to give the community confidence. Currently, the community no longer believes in the technical capabilities of the team.

Don’t talk about exchanges on this topic, this post is to discuss the development of Hyperchain

1 Like

It is configurable, with 100 as the default. Setting it differently on an individual node makes very little sense, unless one has landed on the wrong fork and wants to sync up against another one. We strongly advise against tweaking that value, but the community could certainly discuss whether 100 is an appropriate default.

3 Likes

Ignore their posts

Just concentrate on developing the hyperlink

1 Like

Chatting with them will only delay the development progress

1 Like

looking forward to launch many hyperchains very soon :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

as for the exchange off topic discussion: exchanges who don’t understand the security model of a decentralized blockchain will suffer. its always been the case. don’t keep your coins on any exchange, otherwise you will loose them sooner or later when the exchange goes out of business.

real technologist understand the value of aeternity blockchain. thats why https://portaldefi.com/ is integrating with æternity. simple traders on centralized exchanges will never understand why aeternity is so much better than eth, sol or cardano.

aeternity still needs its killer app. your opportunity to build it!

6 Likes

Thanks to the founder for the inspiration 。but now the market value of sol, ada, eth is about 100, 1000 and 10000 times of ae.A lot of hardcore ae fans recognize ae’s technology and endorse the team’s efforts. But ae’s real market value is still low; and has lost investment users and developers (no users; developers unprofitable — if not officially funded)。We want ae to not only have good technology; but also to have a good market value.;It is also the most important thing for the captain to consider。Expect ae for a better tomorrow;Can be an aircraft carrier in the blockchain; by the way it is still a wooden ship(In terms of influence)

1 Like

No contrast, no harm, official forums are published in the ordinary investors do not understand (only developers can see clearly) things. The root of eternity is that the ideal is so out of sync with reality, that eternity always thinks we’re better than everyone else, and that we delude ourselves into feeling balanced and superior? With projects delayed and money prices in tatters, traders will never understand why eternity is so much better than eth, Sol or Cardano.

2 Likes