Scam Alert 🕵 Job Offers at æternity

Hello everyone,

Please be aware of a new scam going on:

Several users have received emails by a recruiter by the name of Andrew L’Abbate offering remote customer service position at æternity.

Bear in mind that the only legitimate source of information concerning job offers at æternity are the AE official communication channels. The official mail address of the HR department is [email protected].

Real job offers at æternity are usually announced here:

https://angel.co/company/aeternity-blockchain/jobs

Don’t reveal any personal information and always consult with us here.

Best,
Albena

5 Likes

Here is another one. My wife applied for it on LinkedIn. The job was taken down, but they are using fake Telegram Accounts pretending to be Olga Polishchuk and Robert Zaremba. They are using the domain career-aeternity.com.

scam2

Thank you for reporting this @Trevor, this is a scam.

They are using names of actual people within the AE community which is disturbing.

Please always check with us here before contacting them or revealing any personal information. The legitimate HR department’s e-mail is: [email protected].

Best,
Albena

1 Like

Greetings,

I found this forum looking into this scam:

The link to a download for Telegram and speaking with an “HR Manager” named Cecille de Jesus. The interview was ove chat, then she sent me a job appliation form to email to [email protected].

I’m just wondering what excatly is the scam? I didn’t give out private info (SSN, bank info, etc).

Hey @mvolodzko

Thank you so much for reporting it.

Well, we are not sure yet what their goal is, but they’re getting really aggressive - impersonating more and more team members (now @theScientress.chain).

Having collected your telegram and email address may be enough for them.

Just bear in mind that the domain career-aeternity.com has nothing to do with æternity blockchain and this community here!

Thank you for reporting this. We’ll see what we can do to take these scams down. In the meantime, stay vigilant. Do not download or open links and if you’re unsure, you can always ask through this thread.

Please take a look here:

I just had something like this. Thanks for reporting.

1 Like

@Anvery can you share your experience as it could be helpful to others as well, please.

I was offered some false jobs but I was lucky that some acquaintances of mine went through something like that and told me their stories and I learned lessons from it. Anyway, I already found a job developing some ideas I found by chance on themoneymix.com which saved me a lot because I really needed money but I didn’t know where to get a job. I’m glad I got rid of the problems and now everything is fine.