[Solved]How to decode the call result and data for now?

It seem that the aesophia_cli can only decode the aevm call results, such as:

[decode call result] :
aesophia_cli identity.aes -b aevm --call_result cb_AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACr8s/aY --call_result_fun main

I can decode new cb_ format data from base64_check to base64, but can not decode it further :joy:

Did you try with -b fate?

But cb_AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACr8s/aY looks like an AEVM value…

2 Likes

Thanks very much~ yes, it’s AEVM value, the cb_AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACr8s/aY is the example of aesophia_cli :grinning:

with -b fate, I got:

./aesophia_cli --decode_data cb_b4UCVAvjwLlRuno= -b fate
Error: decode_data only supported for AEVM data

Sorry, then what is the question?

~/Quviq/Aeternity/aesophia_cli: ./aesophia_cli test/contracts/identity.aes -b aevm --call_result cb_AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACr8s/aY --call_result_fun main
Decoded call result:

I got return value from the default VM,(It should be FATE?), but there is no tools to decode the return value.

Such as, cb_b4UCVAvjwLlRuno= should be an int value in http://52.220.198.72:3013/v2/contracts/ct_FJqMjsaYjxWSZHXHjb6QUxERSoLdqrrNmXvCav9G5mGzx1kQg/store, but I can not decode it.

OK, that was what I guessed was your initial question, and then my answer is, did you try with -b fate the answer is obviously no since it does indeed work:

~/Quviq/Aeternity/aesophia_cli: ./aesophia_cli test/contracts/identity.aes -b fate --call_result cb_b4UCVAvjwLlRuno= --call_result_fun main
Decoded call result:
1 Like

The (really) old way with --decode_data only works for AEVM.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s it!

I did not use the full parameters and got error

Error: decode_data only supported for AEVM data

It works fine now~

./aesophia_cli test/contracts/identity.aes -b fate --call_result cb_b4UCVAvjwLlRuno= --call_result_fun main

Decoded call result:

Thanks very much!