[Solved] Problem with forgae node

trying to run forgae node in windows 8 and get the following error :slight_smile:
forgae node error: error: 'Error: Command failed: docker ps
error during connect: Get http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engine/v1.37/containers/json: open //./pipe/docker_engine: The system cannot find the file specified. In the default daemon configuration on Windows, the docker client must be run elevated to connect. This error may also indicate that the docker daemon is not running.
’ stdout = ‘’ stderr = 'error during connect: Get http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engine/v1.37/containers/json: open //./pipe/docker_engine: The system cannot find the file specified. In the default daemon configuration on Windows, the docker client must be run elevated to connect. This error may also indicate that the docker daemon is not running.

Hello,

forgae needs docker to run, did you verify it is installed correctly?

2 Likes

I think I also experienced that problem when I tried to use forgAE the last time. I was running docker via docker-toolbox through VirtualBox.

thats why I asked in this thread about exactly that topic! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for helping out!

thank you very much for your fast response , for some reason my account was put on hold after you replied cause i was trying to upload an image of the docker working and responding fine, the problem is with the forgae node , it does not conect

the forgae team is working on it

2 Likes

thanks, let us know when ready so we can test again

Hi, @todosunidos!

It is recommended to use Docker Desktop for Windows as application which provides building, shipping, and running dockerized apps. Install on Windows | Docker Documentation

While executing the command - forgae node, the docker desktop app will prompt you to share access to your machine. (Visual Studio Feedback).

forgae requires python 2.7 on your machine.

2 Likes

I just opened this issue:

For people that do not want to install docker on windows but still use docker-toolbox you should add some notes to the README.

And it must be possible to specify a certain endpoint where the local nodes are reachable.

2 Likes