Technical question

Good evening, I may be given an example of an off-chain oracle application. On the other hand, I would like to know if it is possible to digitally sign a pdf document using the public and private key of my wallet. Thankful for the attention, Greetings

Yes you can sign any arbitrary data with your keypair using the sdk.

https://github.com/aeternity/aepp-sdk-js/blob/develop/docs/api/account.md#accountsignmessagemessage-opt--string

https://github.com/aeternity/aepp-sdk-js/blob/develop/docs/api/account.md#accountsigndata--string

2 Likes

Grateful for the prompt response. I will review your recommendation

I see that messages can be signed. The question is if you can sign pdf documents and substitute the signing of documents through electronic certificates. Thank you

@bruteforce.chain Can you assist here?

1 Like

Technically you can sign any binary or file with your keypair.

As far as I’m aware the signature is being appended to the pdf when signing with certificate usually (using popular pdf readers and tools).

You will have to implement some software of your own in order to be able to sign and verify documents with your keypair.

2 Likes

Excellent is what I imagine, if I already have I have worked with some of that to sign the pdfs. Thank you for your response and I keep you updated on the progress in this regard. regards

1 Like

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think @ae-omar may have worked on something similar not too long ago.

2 Likes

Great if @ae-omar shared his experience, thanks @justin

Thanks @justin! What we worked was related to blind signature Blind signature - Wikipedia . Doesn’t seem to be the subject but @marcojgomezm.chain tell me if you need further information.

2 Likes

Grateful for your prompt response to e-omar. I will review the topic and if you need more information I will let you know, regards

Good morning, continuing with the investigation of electronic signature of pdf using the public and private key of my wallet. I share these two schemes so that you can give me your comments about it and see if I am on the right track. One of the schemes is to sign data and the other is to sign the pdf after the generation of the electronic certificate. Thank you in advance for your collaboration, Best regards

2 Likes

Hey @bruteforce.chain can you look into this, please?

1 Like

I tell you about the progress made to date, we have already managed to generate the PKCS12 file, using the public and private key of the wallet and with the certificates we have been able to sign the pdf file that was the initial idea, now we will work on the next phase shown in the diagram , best regards

1 Like