The Bangalore Meetup!

Meetup 14
Date: 13 October 2019
Number of Attendees: 55

Key points:

1: What is Digital Currency?
2: Crypto Currency and Blockchain are different!
3: What potential does the Blockchain have in the upcoming world
4: What is AE?
5: Why Æ?
6: Other existing blockchains in the market.
7: Smart Contracts!
8: State channels
9: Oracles
10: æmbassador program
11: Dacade.org educational program

This meetup was organized at Synup in Bangalore city of India. The people who attended the meetup were of the age group 20-55

I started the meetup with a question!
What is digital currency?

I got a lot of answers, some of which included: ‘Money that is online’ | Paypal | Bitcoin etc. We discussed how digital currency is taking over the banking industry and the monetary things in this world to a very new level.

Then I started with the basics of Blockchain as always because I feel before anything the audience must get a 10 min introduction of what a blockchain is because you never know who knows about blockchain. But this time the people were much aware of what is blockchain and so it was much more fun to talk to them about details.

Once done with blockchain, I smoothly pounced on to æternity and made them understand that æternity is the best one of the available blockchains in the market.
I told them that aeternity has taken all the best features from all the existing blockchains in the market and tried to eliminate the flaws. I gave an example of a gold mine, (Say a gold mine was to hit the earth and imagine that every single place you see on the earth there is gold suddenly one day. Would you still trade a car for an ounce of Gold? Everyone said no and then I told them that similarly if a monetary system is to be made it has not to be infinitely inflatable just like the gold example!

I then told them about Oracles and State channels which were as always the best and the most loved topic by the attendees and I took a few examples on state channels and Oracles using the Airline example for the oracles and Game example for the State Channels!

I concluded the meetup with dacade.org and it was something which was loved by all the people and everyone was convinced to take lectures online on dacade.org.

In short, the meetup was productive and all of the attendees learned something new about a very amazing blockchain platform, æternity.

All glory to God

And thanks to ætenity

Please leave a like and comment on how I can make myself better in doing the meetups and all feedback and suggestions are welcome!

4 Likes

Thanks for your great effort Ashish to advance Starfleet and our æternity community in India! Here is the video of the meetup in Bangalore! :clap::clap:

Also some more details about this meetup:

Questions by the audience: What makes aeternity special?, How can we implement the concepts of æternity in India?, Do you think æternity has a good future in India?, Can we have more than two participants in a state channel?

Possible æpps use cases: We can reduce the time delay to an exponential level using state channels in æternity in which for example there are two people who wish to play a game so they start in the following way: They create a smart contract saying that if Alice wins Alice will give bob 10 AE tokens and if Bob wins, Bob will give Alice 10 AE tokens. They submit their copies to the participants in the chain and enter the state channels once approved. Then they start playing the game in the state channel where the waiting time is comparatively less after every chance as there are only two participants in the channel and the game is going off the chain! This makes the game fast and does not disturb the transactions in the main chain!

Fantastic work like always @ashishchawla.chain! I really need to visit you soon. We will build up a better and better knowledge database so it will become easier in the future to teach.

Hopefully, platforms like dacade.org become a success so we can scale up those efforts and people start helping each other along the learning way.

2 Likes