Trading or selling main net AE

I migrated my AE to the MainNet during phase 2 (using AirGap). Basic question: Can I send now to an exchange to trade? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Goal would be to trade some to ETH or BTC. Is this possible yet? Any exchanges recommended over others? Is Binance allowing this in USA?

Hey @James,

Here is a list of all exchanges that currently support the Mainnet AE token and you can use to trade:

Concerning Binance, we recommend you contact them directly to ask for details :wink:

Best,
Albena

Is this document continuing to be updated with exchanges that allow for AE trading?

And one more question. Sorry. I had completed migration. I have air gap vault setup with my Aeternity address and also did a sync to an air gap wallet on a separate device. Am I able to send AE to an exchange address using air gap wallet? Then how do I receive non - AE tokens back? just want to make sure I use properly. Please advise

You can send mainnet AE to an exchange. Since you migrated phase 2 you should have custody of your tokens now and be able to send wherever. Binance does not allow US customers anymore and binanceUS does not have ae, at least not yet.

Gate.io is one of the most popular and liquid exchanges that allows US users. Here is a guide I made on how to exchange AE on gate.io for BTC (or other crypto, same steps).
- YouTube

2 Likes

Thank you appreciate it

Just checking in if this list is up to date? You can ignore my other post, sorry about asking same question twice.

Hey @James, yes we keep the list up to date.

Hi Josh.chain,
Does the video url changed? Youtube says that the video is unavailable.

This would be super helpful to know now as well. I’ve had the same experiences with crypto, bitcoin to be more exact. Nowadays I have a bigger problem and honestly don’t understand why companies don’t do what’s necessary to accept Bitcoin and other forms of cryptocurrency as a method of payment. There should be legislation made for this. You can look at the boom that bitcoin had these two months and understand that it’s time to take the next step in this direction. I’ve just started using a cfds trader and I understood how many tools there are being developed for this sector, how easy it is these days to get started with crypto. As it should be. I’m happy to see such changes take place and I’d hope to see some from the governments as well.