[Update] Week #16 - Browser wallet extension

waellet updates

During past week I’ve managed to fix the most mandatory bugs and implement the basic features for a browser wallet to work with aeternity’s blockchain.

Public beta

Initial public beta version was released today. You can see how you can install it here in waellet website. Please keep in mind its still in beta and don’t use real AE tokens - stick to testnet only for now.

If you find any bug or something is behaving not how it should be - please submit an issue. We will appreciate all the feedback we can get. Also every contribution is more than welcome.

Changelog:

• included argon2 library for encrypting the keypair before storing it in the browser’s memory
  • included basic ae ui components and views
  • showing balance
  • spendtx working
  • switch between different networks (eg. testnet, mainnet)
  • feature to import private key/seed phrase

Future improvements:

• tip a website feature via smart contract
  • security improvements
  • ui improvements
  • more … check the whole roadmap in the github repo.
2 Likes

When I click account—my account, it shows " Your file was not found It may have been moved or deleted. ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND".

1 Like

There is no “log in” button. What should I do if I want to log in after I log out? And where is secret key?

When I click account—my account, it shows " Your file was not found It may have been moved or deleted. ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND".

I’ve just fixed this in Pull #21 and updated the release files.

There is no “log in” button. What should I do if I want to log in after I log out? And where is secret key?

There is an Import secret key button on the homepage, where you can put your secret key. If you log out without saving your keypair via Export keypair button in the Account section you lose it (probably we should create and raise a warning popup before logging out).

Thank you for the feedback. Please if you find other issues or something is not working as intended, file an issue in the waellet’s github repo