I already talked to @milenradkov.chain in the private chat but since for me personally there isn’t a clear description / tutorial how to achieve our requirement and I think multiple parties could be interested in this topic I want this to be discussed publicly.
We are currently developing aenalytics and we plan to release a beta in the near future. This is a spare time project and it was already started some time ago. We were in contact with @stoyan.chain and he told us that we could connect to the base aepp using a hidden iFrame. This worked like a charm in the past and we were able to allow users to connect to aenalytics using the remote-connection of the base aepp. As far as I know this approach was also used in the BRI vote. Unfortunately @stoyan.chain doesn’t seem to be responsible for the base aepp any longer. So I need to ask for help here
At a certain time in the past (~4-5 weeks ago) this functionality was broken and cannot be used any longer. The popup that normally appeared to confirm the connection to the aepp is still appearing but it doesn’t contain any content and prints the following output in the logs:
- is there any source available that clearly how a 3rd party aepp can connect to the base aepp?
- I would be really happy to see a working example =)
- is such a connection still desired and maintained?
- it seems like there is more focus on the waellet extension
- I personally prefer the base aepp remote connection
- what needs to be done to make a 3rd party aepp appearing in the aepps browser of the base aepp?