We should apply for listing AE on more famous exchange platform

No, at least for the moment :)) For the moment the special requirement we have noted is that having Rosetta integration which is developed by them is a must to get listed…

1 Like

Hi @aelex ,to get list on Coinbase Exchange is one of the best ways to promote AE, which will bring more users and developers to AE,please do it.

4 Likes

@Winfield if you look at how Ethereum blew up, it started with the developers.

The Github numbers are so much more important. These are tech projects first. I’m never going to code on a platform with a bad dev env no matter how many exchanges its on.

2 Likes

Hi @hadees.chain, fully agree with you,but how to get more developers to pay attention to AE and to make huge amount developers to develop AE?

1 Like

Lack of a lot of publicity and marketing. And prices are rising

Exactly this. Well put.

1 Like

@Winfield Give them a dev environment with tools. Plus handle some of their pain points. Right now Ethereum developers are getting eaten alive on transaction fees.

Any way we can let them still have a presence on the Ethereum chain but off load expensive work to Aeternity would get noticed right away.

1 Like

@haha Publicity and marketing doesn’t matter if its no fun to develop on it.

Hi @hadees.chain,thank you so much,could you please point out the problem what Aeternity have for the dev environment tools and help us to recommend some more developers to develop on Aeternity.

However, the actual situation is that since 2018, not many Ethereum developers have moved to ae. Your ideas have not kept up with the times, and you have conveyed false confidence to the team’s marketers to make them feel at ease. I think we should pay attention to the market and do more marketing

1 Like

Ethereum itself has so many problems, how can anyone develop it?

1 Like

Yes, if there is a problem with Eth, there will not be so many developers. Those who question the end of Ethereum are exaggerated by competitors. In fact, Ethereum also has technological advancements, such as the layer-2. Programming is not like scientific research. There is only one way for scientific research. There are many programming methods to solve an idea, and there is no optimal solution. Therefore, I think we should do the market. Otherwise, ae will not be too competitive

2 Likes

Does AE have an advantage over Ethereum if implemented by whitepaper?Or compare to other public chains

1 Like

@Winfield Its not that Aeternity has a problem with dev tools, its that Ethereum is so much further ahead and there are more developers building out new tooling specifically for the EVM.

In fact Aeternity has lots of interesting features that make it quite better than Ethereum in some really important ways. But those features have to work somehow with Solidly and the EVM. Aeternity already has some ability to run EVM code but i’d like to see more focus on it. At least as a way to leverage all the code people have written for Ethereum.

Most people in this thread want AE on lots of exchanges but that costs tokens as kind of a bribe. I’d rather see the money go towards luring Ethereum developers over.

4 Likes

@haha advantage is relative.

Lots of chains have better features than Ethereum. But if Ethereum has most of the developers it doesn’t really matter. Ethereum is good enough.

AE still can be big but it needs to work with Ethereum not against it. The Hyperchain stuff is a good start. If we focus more on how you can run EVM code on Aeternity and write better tools around that, you can lure away Ethereum developers.

3 Likes

Don’t confuse Ethereum with the EVM. Even with Ethereum’s current gas problem people are still writing most crypto contracts to run on the EVM.

It’s why I would love to see more focus on Aetenrity’s ability to work with EVM code and even add additional features.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with this idea. But how to let more people know about ae and have the motivation to continue to develop it? We saw that some projects on ae did not use ae ico. They choose Ethereum or even Binance. The ecology of blockchain projects should be a perfect closed loop that includes market value. The marketing department should take action and do its best for ae’s ecological closed-loop.

4 Likes

Hi @xixueskythank you for your suggestion. Agree, and we are on the close-communication with those projects you mentioned, so we are quite good informed about their reasons and plans. Said that, dev team is working on something big (besides Hyperchains, top priority!) :slight_smile: #staytuned

1 Like

Can you tell me what the big deal is?

And help developers and enthusiasts to learn Secure functional language for smart contracts (Erlang based Sophia) :slight_smile:
Agree with

I think we should pay attention to the market and do more marketing

please, feel free to propose activities, and also write your story and share around, people love to hear user story and what each community member value - than they will be much more positive about trying / using / building æternity tech with all of us. Support from community is clausal.

2 Likes