[weidex] JellySwap supports AE-ETH cross-chain atomic swaps on the mainnet

@tima_t I have a swap that has been “in progress” for 2 hours. Is there any chance that it will be completed? I read something about a refund after 24 hours I believe, thanks for your help

Edit: I reached out to jelly on Twitter and they are helping me but I am still waiting for a response on how to do the refund. I will update when resolved

@tima_t I did not receive my refund, where did my ae token go ?

Yes, you will be able to refund definetely

It is locked in the HTLC contract.

When you unlock your wallet and go to dashboard page, you should see your swaps.

24 hours after the swap, your swap status will
be expired and you will be able to click the refund button.

There is no risk for your tokens.
If you have any other questions, write to us directly in discord.

If someone still has problems with refunds you can pm me in twitter here:
@TitoMarchev and we can even jump for a call :wink:

1 Like

I want to see both :blush:

1 Like

@tima_t Nice! Being a tester at heart I had to take it for a spin…

Tried AE → ETH worked like a charm

Tried ETH → AE not the same success… The swap is listed as In progress - the Ethereum transaction looks good and I can see that the liquidity provider indeed called the AE-contract soon after but no joy.

3 Likes

This is so cool! State of the art Tech, congrats!

2 Likes

Since this is a blockchain everything is public… So now I see that the swap is REFUNDED on the AE-side - how long until I’m offered to refund my ETH?

Edit: the dApp still claims it is In Progress

Hey @hanssv.chain,
You are right.

There was a problem with our js ae implementation.
It is not critical, but the events where not detected on the client side.

We will have a fix in 1 hour.

You will see all your swaps and swap history.

You can try new swap after the update as well it will work much better and faster.

2 Likes

24 hours for now.

We can update the lock period to something more reasonable in the next version, but it is liek this for security reasons.

If the listener is dead or the Taker is malicious we should have some time to react.(do our withdraw/refund)

It should be reasonably symmetric, but no problem this time I was just testing it out :wink:

2 Likes

Let me know when you have a fix, I can try again tonight - with the same address :sweat_smile:

It cannnot be symmetric :wink:

Taker has the advanatage that he knows the secret for the hash.

LP has advantage of time.

Otherwise if the time is equal, the taker can withdraw LP’s funds and Refund almost at the same time.
(like double spending)

Second, if the taker is malicious he/she can place a lot of orders and have open positions for many hours ( good opportunity for arbitrage), but if he/she has short time window to withdraw and long period time penalty, then the taker has incentive to finalize the deal.

This is typical logic for classical OTC and traders have met this problems already - Counter Party Risk.

I am reasonably familiar with how it works, I’ve reviewed your AE contract…

Hence “reasonably symmetric” and not “symmetric” 1h(?) vs 24h is a bit too skewed at least while there are still bugs in there :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

True that :wink:

Now it will be 4 hours agains 24, we will improve it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have updated the AE <> ETH implementation.

It should work much much more faster, you can try one swap, Hans.

If it does not go in status click to withdraw for less than 5 minutes I will buy you couple of beers next time when we meet :wink:

Do you accept the challenge hah

2 Likes

The history should be working now.

You should be able to refund if 24 hours have past.

The app is improved and works much faster - your feedback is highly appreciated, Josh :wink:

I got the refund, thank you!
I opened a new tab in chrome and went to the jelly dapp dashboard. It has been over 24 hours now and like you said both swaps now showed me the refund button. I have clicked it and confirmed the call on metamask. It took about 30 minutes but I did get the refund back into my metamask. I was getting concerned because it took so long but maybe the ETH network was bogged down.

I noticed the 'speed up: button after I clicked refund, how does that work?

1 Like

Yes, ethereum network is slow some times, this 30 minutes were because of the network speed + low transaction fee I guess.

It is out of our control.

Speed up button is exactly for this to send the same transaction, but you can change the tx fee. For now you should change it manually from your wallet extension :wink:

2 Likes

Challenge accepted…

But you won, hands down, it was mere seconds from the Tx was accepted on Ethereum until I was offered to withdraw :slight_smile: :partying_face:

A new problem though, the failed swap from earlier today is in the swap history, but it says Click to Withdraw > Withdraw AE (being curious I tried it, but the call fails of course) it should probably say something like expired/wait for refund?!

1 Like