What is the aens use for?

What is the aens use for? In addition to sending and receiving.What’s the point of registering it?

1 Like

Same idea as the guy who thought of putting letters on phone number keys. Easier to remember a word than a number…just dial 1800-aeternity! Also it adds a more human friendly context to the UI experience

Let’s make a hypothesis for the future: there is a decentralized exchange, and a stablecoin is placed on AE. I assume its token is IAE. Enable aens, aechina.chain. I predict the price will drop in the future, so I plan to exchange it for iae. I can just send my ae token to iae.aechina.chain and it will automatically exchange for the iae I need.

This example may have some loopholes. Use your imagination to fill it up and expect someone to take action.

2 Likes

In the future, if atomic swaps can be supported. I point btc.aechina.chain to my Bitcoin wallet. I can use it to receive my btc

3 Likes

Yes very much looking forward to a stable coin on ae

1 Like

A decentralized whats app built on ae using the naming system for contacts. With the Erlang back end and our impressive list of former Ericsson Devs, we could certainly make this a reality. This is the killer app IMHO

1 Like