[Completed] Distributed otc domain name trading system

@marco.chain
Thank you for your feedback. You mean there is a domain name abc.chain

This domain name belongs to Tom
Jerry wants to use abc.chain
Jerry pays AE to the smart contract (such as 500AE)
Jerry gets a one-year license to use the abc.chain domain name
After the expiration, abc.chain will return to Tom

I don’t know if I understand, is that what you mean?

no, regarding the name updater I mean sth. like this:

• AENSUpdater contract is deployed
  • contract has an entrypoint where users can provide AE, AENS name and the required delegated signature which allows the contract to act on behalf of the user
  • the contract has an entrypoint that takes the AENS name as string parameter and which performs an AENS update for this name
    • everybody is able to call it
    • the caller will get a small portion of AE (provided by AENS owner initially) as reward for updating the AENS name

this is kind of the “simple flow” of this logic. there is of course many things to consider when providing such a contract. but generally this is the idea:

• incentivize other people to update your names so that they never expire :wink:
3 Likes

actually I already worked on this in the past prior to Iris hardfork. but when I remember correctly I wasn’t able to to some stuff that I wanted so I dropped the work on this back then.

today everything in that regards is doable with delegation signatures, also updating pointers etc.

2 Likes

I see, this is a good idea hahaha

yeah I suggest you first concentrate on AENS marketplace :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe I will find some time to revisit the AENS updater in the near future. would you like to see that? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s great. I’m looking forward to

1 Like

Good idea! Good Luck @Baixin.chain !

2 Likes

as we are speaking about AENS in general here I would like to get the opinion of the community about following issues on Github:

feel free to comment. ideally directly on Github :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I fully support solving those issues, especially pointers to arbitrary data.

the dot chain names have been aeternity’s original NFTs.

2 Likes

@Baixin.chain I just updated the Sophia examples repo to be compatible with the latest version of aeproject (v4.0.0-beta.3) that comes along with devmode.

if you wanna see how to deal with AENS delegation along with the latest version of the SDK you can have a look at these tests:

2 Likes

Recently we team worked out the rules of the contract and how to play it

AENS Market will carry out bidding dividend auction mode, which is an innovative way to play,We will give a recommended auction price for the initial domain name,Users will pay a 1% handling fee if they exceed the recommended price , The recommended price will be different for domain names of different lengths .For the time being, we will take 10 times of the main website auction price as the maximum recommended price,Above this price, a 1% handling charge will be charged

During the auction, any user can bid on a domain name, and the bid must be greater than 10% of the previous bidder’s fee,After bidding, the last bidder will receive 1% of the bidding fee,And so on, until no one bids

For example, Tom wants to sell one of his Tom.chain domain names
Intended to sell for 1000AE , At this time, Tom. Chain was repeatedly bid, a total of 10 times
Below is the bidding record for reference only:

number:1,Pay:1100.00(AE),BackToPrior:0.00AE,Bonus:0.00(AE),Seller:1100.00(AE) 
number:2,Pay:1210.00(AE),BackToPrior:1100.00AE,Bonus:12.10(AE),Seller:1197.90(AE) 
number:3,Pay:1331.00(AE),BackToPrior:1210.00AE,Bonus:13.31(AE),Seller:1305.59(AE) 
number:4,Pay:1464.10(AE),BackToPrior:1331.00AE,Bonus:14.64(AE),Seller:1424.05(AE) 
number:5,Pay:1610.51(AE),BackToPrior:1464.10AE,Bonus:16.11(AE),Seller:1554.35(AE) 
number:6,Pay:1771.56(AE),BackToPrior:1610.51AE,Bonus:17.72(AE),Seller:1697.69(AE) 
number:7,Pay:1948.72(AE),BackToPrior:1771.56AE,Bonus:19.49(AE),Seller:1855.36(AE) 
number:8,Pay:2143.59(AE),BackToPrior:1948.72AE,Bonus:21.44(AE),Seller:2028.79(AE) 
number:9,Pay:2357.95(AE),BackToPrior:2143.59AE,Bonus:23.58(AE),Seller:2219.57(AE) 
number:10,Pay:2593.74(AE),BackToPrior:2357.95AE,Bonus:25.94(AE),Seller:2429.43(AE) 

Finish after, say, a week,When someone continues to raise the price will countdown 24 hours to start about 480 blocks, When the final block reaches the height, it is expected to close at the following price

For a total of 10.0 price increases, the seller gets 2186.49AE, the buyer spends 2593.74AE, and the bonus loses 164.31AE , and the platform fee 242.94AE (Part of the fee will go to the foundation)

This kind of play, will greatly stab into the auction, as long as not the last bidder, there will be income

3 Likes

Do you mean every bidder before the deal closes gets a bonus? This sounds really interesting. When will this domain name trading system be available for trial use?

Yes, as long as it’s not the last bidder, the previous bidder will return their bid and get 1% of the next bidder’s fee, It’s real-time. It’s in the contract ,The contract has basically been written and is being tested. It is expected to be officially launched around July this year

是的,只要不是最后一个出价的人,之前出价的人会退回自己的出价,并且获得下一个出价人的1%费用,
合约基本已经写完,正在测试,预计今年7月左右正式上线

2 Likes

what about regular listings/sales and offerings? will it be possible to place an offer to somebody who can just accept the price then? or the other way around to set a name on sale for amount x and somebody could just accept it?

1 Like

Hi Marco, maybe there is something wrong with the translation, I don’t quite understand
You mean you can view all registered AENS
The user puts forward a quotation for the interested AENS, and if the owner accepts the quotation, the transaction will be concluded after direct confirmation, is that the case?

1 Like

I think I currently don’t understand the system you are building. do you have any (process) diagrams or any material which visually shows how the system works that you are currently implementing?

:face_with_peeking_eye:Let me think for a moment

1 Like

It’s time to get ready , Come on

3 Likes

什么时候上线正式版呢

Hello, everyone

@marco.chain @erik.chain @YaniUnchained @Bigtree.chain

The project has been completed and this is the final report @lydia

3 Likes