Status: Approved on the 14.12.2021, submitted on the 20.11.2021
Last updated: 20.11.2021
Submited by: Emmanuel Joseph
E-Mail: [email protected]
Category: Community Growth
Approved Budget (in h):
Used Budget (in h):
This workshop is an organized, time-bound technique series aimed to gather developers from the various tech communities in the University of Ibadan. Uniting them with their varied expertise in software development to learn, collaborate, code, and build solutions using æternity technologies. Unlike regular workshops, the ækiti æmbassy helps in tutoring these developers æternity technologies and making them compete amidst themselves to develop solutions using æternity technologies.
The proposed start date for the Study Jæm Workshop series is Wednesday 12th January 2020
- Learning how to use aepp-cli
- Learning how to use aepp-sdk-js
- Learning how to write Oracle codes
- Getting 20 developers for the workshop
- Understanding how to write Sophia codes
- Getting developers to compete in the series competition
- Getting a working environment space for æternity developers
- Getting more æternity developers in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria
- Creating æternity community for developers in Oyo State, Nigeria
- Learning how to connect Smart Contract with the web using JS SDK
@emmanueljet is the ækiti æmbassy æmbassdor that passed the region based exam for the role of Nigeria lead æmbassador before the commencement of the æUnited initiative. He is a Blockchain Enthusiast as a Web Developer and Community Builder. He was the first Nigerian to finish the æternity development 101 course on dacade, and with his team won the best æpp at Ekiti 2019 Hackathon. He also led the Superchat æpp development that participated in the HumanDefiHæck and won the community award. He has contributed to the æternity ecosystem by developing video & article-based tutorials, technical workshops, virtual events, and a lot more. He will again lead the Developer Study Jæm as an onsite lead facilitator, manager, and assistant to other required roles.
Total Hours - 100 hours (Time spent on workshops, onsite publicity, competition, and management)
Total Hours - 50 hours (Time spent on workshop and competition)
@chiamanna has been the ækiti social media manager since the community’s inception. She is also a copywriter, photographer and works with the æmbassy for client-based projects (https://delighthotelandsuites.com). She also has experience in community management as she has been a great help from the Ekiti Study Jæm series to the SuperheroLeagues and other ækiti æmbassy based events and workshops. She will again be the promoter for Developer Study Jæm, where she will be in charge of the online publicity.
Total Hours - 25 hours (Time spent on social media engagements)
@debbya000 is a content writer and an event moderator who joined the ækiti æmbassy during the first study jæm series (Ekiti State). She wrote most of the series weekly reports, announcements, and other technical write-ups following the series. She also moderated all events, showcases, SuperheroLeague, and other virtual events/workshops that followed the Ekiti Study Jæm series. Inspired by the Ekiti Study Jæm, she decided to be an Android developer, and she will be the technical writer for the Developer Study Jæm.
Total Hours - 25 hours (Time spent on reports and technical announcements)
- Jesulonimi Akingbesote (Ekiti Study Jæm Co-Facilitator) - @jesulonimi
- Possible æternity-based startups
- Creating developers meetups and events
- Using videos to promote æternity on Youtube
- Preparing a community like the ækiti æmbassy in Ibadan
- Using promotional materials to promote æternity technologies on social media and physically on-site.
- Having 6 - 10 MVP with smart contracts on AE testnet; mandatory use of æternity native Oracle feature
- Writing about each milestone on Medium, æternity Forum, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Following up the trained developers and getting them prepared to facilitate others for future Sophia workshops on-site.
- Publicity(2 weeks) - 29th November - 10th December 2021
- Workshop(5 weeks) - 12th January - 12th February, 2022
a. Series Introduction (1 week) - 12th & 15th January, 2022
b. Sophia (1 week) - 19th & 22nd January, 2022
c. web JS SDK, aepp-cli & aeproject (1 week) - 26th & 29th January, 2022
d. aepp-sdk-js & Oracle (1 week) - 2nd & 5th February, 2022
e. Competition Preparation(1 week) - 9th & 12th February, 2022
- Competition(1 Week) - 21st - 25th February, 2022
- Numbers of æpps developed during the competition
- New Discord users and future hackathon participants
- Growing the use of æternity technologies in Oyo State, Nigeria
- Numbers of videos (tutorial, advert, etc) and write-ups (reports, adverts, etc)