And thank you, @_dog - I’m a bit unclear - do you mean, the idea is to have ‘us’ give additional % based on donations to the ‘YouTube person’ for mentioning/discussing AE? Or just pay some set reward on a per-exposure basis? Or to have them accept donations in AE, and automatically add some %eage? Hehe, I could see a problem being such influences donating to themselves, but other than that possible gotcha, it’s a good idea.
Nothing based on donations. So, no potential hackery from the content creator there. Well, that was my original intent. But that might actually be something to consider - I mentioned this below.
Consider how a YouTube video is presented. There is the video, and a “more” section about the video below it. I’m thinking that the content creator could add a link to Super Hero in that ‘more’ section. Also, the content creator should plug SH anytime they would a Patreon account. So, they could say to users to use SH or Patreon. I’d guess Patreon does not pay the content creator to plug Patreon… because it’s already in the interest of the content creator to do so (for lack options for donations). But the content creator will have an additional incentive to use Super Hero, because ‘we’ would pay him based on views (or some proportionate metric(s) - e.g. subscribers and a video length factor perhaps). Tracking the usage of the SH account should be pretty straight forward if you wantedd to do any kind of KPI’s etc…
Consider that a YouTube content creator can earn a minimum of about $1000 to $1500 for 1 million views (or $100 to $150 per 100,000 views). If this person averages 200,000 views per video. That would be equate to about $200 to $300 income per video (avg). Clearly, not enough for most in developed countries to live on… so… it would seem like a worthwhile incentive for that content creator to highly consider some proposition to promote Super Hero as a means of donation. Some proposition could be this (just example):
YouTube content creator will:
- Add a link to the ‘more’ section to the Super Hero website (near their Patreon info for donations)
- Create & Add his/her AE chain username to the moire section.
- Add link to instructional video on using SH, or his/her personalized one (see below)
- Optional: create a personalized how-to video that promotes & teaches how to use SH.
‘AE’ and/or ‘community’ will provide to the content creator (for example only):
- 10% of # views x (~$100/100,000 views) (hello AE oracles?)
- 5% bonus for creating a smart video tutorial specifically to promote AND help his viewers use SH.
- 5% matching to donations from unique users (more AE oracle). This could be implemented later, but it would be a big incentive for the content creator to urge his uses to use SH instead of Patreon… and there might be some fraud detection possible.
Someone could create a smart contract and oracle to read this and we could add a pool with some monies to automatically pay out to the content creator.
Do a test case with one content creator first. And analyze the results… Also, what would be worthwhile numbers for accumulating users of SH?
If it is a big success. Then rewrite (or re-configure) the smart contract so that any content creator could participate.