Coffee Shop State Channels Showcase App

Coffee Shop State Channels Aepp

Hey Aeternity Lovers,

I’m happy to announce that we, the Dev-Suite team, have deployed a new State Channels showcase application - The Coffee Shop. The application is made to be used with the BaseAepp. When the user deposits some funds in the application, he actually also opens a channel and is an initiator, the application itslef acts like an responder. With every purchase offchain transaction is made for the two parties. You can redeposit funds to the channel. When closing the channel, onchain transaction is made to update the statuses of both parties.

Getting Started

Requirements

• You need to have the BaseAepp wallet installed on your mobile device. You can dowload it from here

• Create account and login into the BaseAepp application

• Change the network to Testnet from Settings → Network

• Get some tesnet funds from this faucet

• Open the æpps tab of the BaseAepp and paste the applicaation link into the URL field

• Coffee shop link : https://coffee-shop.daepps.tech/

• Grab yourself some coffee! :smirk:

The application is simple, but we believe that we need more and more state channels applications and showcases!

We hope you like it! :sun_with_face:

Martin

P.S.: Please don’t get confused if you try to top up your empty account via https://faucet.aepps.com as I’ve explained at point 2 and get this warning:

Something went wrong. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
The node is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.
Please try again later.
It shows an error on the very first top up (but the tokens are sent), then it works! An issue regarding to this has been created already and the wrong message is going to be fixed soon :muscle:

GitHub link to the project:

10 Likes

It’s so exciting to see real applications using the state channels! Thank you @martingrigorov.chain :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the concept, nice, simple and to the point. I’m happy to see the added ability to deposit more funds into the channel after it was opened, which was not in the Gomoku aepp.

2 ‘bugs’ I have run into though. First one is minor - the home screen text before the channel is opened is cut off by the url at the top. The second is that sometimes I am not able to purchase a second espresso. I have to hit the order and pay button 5 times for it to bring up the sign transaction page, and then after I sign it my credit is not updated.

I would also like to see a list of all open state channels if possible, because it seems if I exit the aepp without closing the channel, I am not able to regain access to it.

This is a good start, keep it up! I can actually see this concept going to mainnet

4 Likes

What’s up with that ‘x’

2 Likes

Hey @Josh.chain,

I am glad that you liked it and of course thanks for the feedback It is really valuable! We will work on improving and consider your comments.

Best,
Martin

This gave me an idea.

1 Like

Hey all :slight_smile:

As tradition goes, here is a video review of the coffee shop aepp by Josh:

Thank you @Josh.chain, highly appreciated :slight_smile:

Best,
Albena

4 Likes

Thanks Albena, I’m glad my content is appreciated even if I was somewhat critical in this one. I will keep my youtube channel going, I enjoy it

1 Like

Hey, any idea why my screen (Android) stays blank. It happens with all aepps. Not only with the State Channel Coffee aepp.

Try to open the base aepp in Chrome, then open developer tools f12. Next, toggle the device toolbar Ctrl + Shift + M to switch to simulating a mobile device. See if it works there and then you at least know its something funky with your phone.

1 Like

Tried it out and the screen changed to mobile format but the website remained the same with scrollbars added to both sides. I am guessing the layouts don’t changed based on the screen size but based on the device (android vs desktop computer OS)

it -should- work, don’t forget to refresh the page when you have it in mobile mode…

2 Likes

Can you please update us what happened to this demo?

1 Like

When will the project go online? Is it dead?

1 Like

Hi

The application went down, once the hard fork to Lima in September took place. We have experienced several issues on syncing the node as, connecting to ghost peers and stuck, we had to start again. Timeouts when adding blocks to the DB, and had to start the process over again. Apart from that, the syncing process gets quite lingering. The reason why we had to have our own node is that the one provided by the aepp-sdk for example did not expose the port for the state-channels

Now we have decided to discontinue the work on this due to the change in operations reasons.

Hris

1 Like

That’s really a shame. Do you have any other development plans for the State Channels?
@YaniUnchained @albena.chain @emin.chain @vlad.chain

Hey @Albert, that was just a showcase aepp.

We are currently improving documentation so every developer can easily create an aepp using state channels :wink:

2 Likes

Hey @7777777.chain

Please refrain from using such language here. æternity has built one of the most sophisticated blockchains in existence in collaboration with experts in their respected fields. The development team achieved enormous progress for a limited period of time. No developer has been failed nor will be in the future.

Did you report the issues properly?

1 Like