Status: Completed on the 30.12.2022, approved on the 08.11.2022, submitted on the 04.11.2022
Last updated: 04.11.2022
Submited by First Name, Last Name: Dimitar Ivanov
Team: Michal Bargowski, Craig Everett, Sean Hinde, Dimitar Ivanov, Fabian Krol, Hans Svensson, Dincho Todorov, Ulf Wiger, Metin Akat
Approved Budget (in h):
Used Budget (in h):
Open Source Development
Core team application October-December 2022
Aeternity core developers team.
During the third quarter, our main task will be the HyperChains implementation. We expect to have a working version by the end of this application.
We will also be working on various ongoing tasks:
- GC of old states
- Ceres improvements
- Rosetta API
- A new webpage for the AF
- Support for SC use cases
What exactly are we talking about? Please describe your project.
They are our top priority. We are working towards adding:
- a parent chain posting of commitments
- collection of those commitments and feeding them to a smart contract in order to elect the next leader
- difficulty computation
- a white paper
- improving the release process
- making the current UI responsive
Once the DB issue is being resolved, we will work in the direction of deleting unused data for names, oracles, contracts and channels. Currently we only GC accounts, quite inefficiently
The following improvements would be made as a step for a next hard fork:
- fix delegated signatures
- AENS contract call
- raw AENS pointers
- dynamic fork protection (RnD)
- if there is a consensus about it - update AENS auctions
We aim at finishing this beast finally. The API is a really bad fit for BitcoinNG consensus but this should be finished soon.
- a webpage for the AF - we will publish a simple but functional webpage to represent the effort of the AF. It will help us attract new sponsors and partners.
- SC improvements and bug fixes - we will support the ongoing efforts of various SC projects
- AeCanary - if identified, we will fix bugs
- Multisig - implement and test MuSig2 for ed25519; this will produce transaction signatures indistinguishable from “normal” signatures. To test and showcase this we also need rudimentary wallet/key support which means AEX-3, AEX-10 and a couple of more things.
Once we have enough features implemented, we will make official releases.
We would be working full time on this, although some of the team (Hans, Michal and Craig) already have other commitments and would help us depending on their availability.
Although we aim at delivering fully functional HCs, there will be a lot to be improved there.
HCs and a corresponding whitepaper is something we had promised long ago. The same goes for Rosetta API. It will be great to deliver those.
We publish our work in the official AE repositories.