[Important] ForgAE now renamed to AEproject

Dear aeternity members and forgae users,

Since today Forgae is renamed to AEproject. All new features and updates will be provided to the new project - AEproject. Forgae is still available as a package and you can still use it.

Migration from Forgae to AEproject is super easy and the users should not have any issues migrating existing their existing projects.
Here is a link to the migration page in the documentation:
Migration Guide

If there are any issues with migration don’t hesitate to open forum posts.

Regards,
The Dev-Suite Team.

2 Likes

Given the name is this going to be the only AE project?

If by

you mean the only framework with those kind of functionality, probably, not sure. Everyone is free to build their own tools and frameworks.

We, from the dev-suite team, will keep updating and improving our framework and we will try to make it the best if there are others in the future.

Best,
Martin

Hi I successfully installed aeproject but when I run aeproject init I get the below error

===== Initializing AEproject =====
===== Installing aepp-sdk =====
===== Installing AEproject locally =====
===== Installing yarn locally =====
===== Creating project file & dir structure =====
===== Creating contracts directory =====
===== Creating tests directory =====
===== Creating integrations directory =====
===== Creating deploy directory =====
===== Creating docker directory =====
==== Adding additional files ====
ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat '/usr/local/lib/node_modules/aeproject/aeproject-init/artifacts/.gitignore'
{ Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat '/usr/local/lib/node_modules/aeproject/aeproject-init/artifacts/.gitignore'
    at Object.fs.statSync (fs.js:948:11)
    at Object.statSync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/aeproject/node_modules/graceful-fs/polyfills.js:308:16)
    at checkStats (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/aeproject/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/copy-sync/copy-sync.js:171:22)
    at checkPaths (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/aeproject/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/copy-sync/copy-sync.js:183:31)
    at Object.copySync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/aeproject/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/copy-sync/copy-sync.js:25:20)
    at copyFileOrDir (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/aeproject/node_modules/aeproject-utils/utils/fs-utils.js:30:8)
    at addIgnoreFile (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/aeproject/aeproject-init/init.js:141:5)
    at createAEprojectProjectStructure (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/aeproject/aeproject-init/init.js:54:5)
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:228:7)
  errno: -2,
  code: 'ENOENT',
  syscall: 'stat',
  path: '/usr/local/lib/node_modules/aeproject/aeproject-init/artifacts/.gitignore' }

Everything works well now. I had to delete the forgae folder in my node_modules.

===== Contract: ExampleContract.aes has been deployed at ct_XEthdENcvoafZgCtAq9KeCv759uXp4QXULQXhebiqGghvKqN5 =====
{ result: 
   { callerId: 'ak_2mwRmUeYmfuW93ti9HMSUJzCk1EYcQEfikVSzgo6k2VghsWhgU',
     callerNonce: 14,
     contractId: 'ct_XEthdENcvoafZgCtAq9KeCv759uXp4QXULQXhebiqGghvKqN5',
     gasPrice: 1000000000,
     gasUsed: 652,
     height: 198,
     log: [],
     returnType: 'ok',
     returnValue: 'cb_AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADEhlbGxvLCBXb3JsZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnBDMCQ==' },
  decode: [Function: decode],
  decodedResult: 'Hello, World' }
Your deployment script finished successfully!
1 Like

sorry how???
i can’t delete mine

1 Like

It means it cannot find a file in the local node_modules/aeproject folder. Those files seem to be copied in order to bootstrap, a.k.a. init your project (probably the developer didn’t commit it by mistake).

Just go in the stated folder (in that case node_modules/aeproject/aeproject-init/artifacts/.gitignore) and create an empty .gitignore file.

Now go back in the folder of your errored project and delete everything rm -rf * (or rm -R * for Windows)

Finally, execute aeproject init and it should work!

===== Initializing AEproject =====
===== Installing aepp-sdk =====
===== Installing AEproject locally =====
===== Installing yarn locally =====
===== Creating project file & dir structure =====
===== Creating contracts directory =====
===== Creating tests directory =====
===== Creating integrations directory =====
===== Creating deploy directory =====
===== Creating docker directory =====
==== Adding additional files ====
===== AEproject was successfully initialized! =====

Edit: aeproject version is 1.0.0.

Good luck!

1 Like

“AE bootstrap” or “AE builder” might be another nice name for it, but whatever :wink:

Yeah, names are hard. We kind of did a drawing at the end. Aeproject at least explains a bit what this is all about :wink:

Sure. Not arguing with that. AEproject is quite obvious name anyway.