Introduction Thread

Hey @FranciscoGoldaracena, it is so nice to have you here :slight_smile: Welcome!

You have really impressive experience in digital marketing - have you thought about executing a campaign to grow the æternity community? See below for more info:

Is your project related to blockchain in some way? Why not building it on the æternity blockchain? :stuck_out_tongue:

Best,
Albena

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Chencha from Nairobi, Kenya. I’m passionate about building great products that impact people lives. Am part of an awesome team( @Jassy @Benson ) at Ridesafe where we offer quality real time health solutions to the public motorbike sector. We are striving to create an ecosystem that brings together all stakeholders within the health sector ie health service providers, motorbike riders & their passengers so they can exchange quality & affordable primary health services on a blockchain supported platform. Looking forward to interacting with the community .

3 Likes

Hey @Chencha, welcome! We are happy to have you here :slight_smile:

RideSafe has a lot of fans among the AE community and we are always looking for updates from your team.

The Starfleet category if your place:

https://forum.aeternity.com/c/starfleet

Best,
Albena

2 Likes

Hey don’t forget to tag @caya for relevant posts, she is also here! Let me tag you on some relevant topics you can start checking out to get you started off.

Hi all, I’m Ian, a copy and content writer that’s been in the blockchain space since late 2017, full-time. Since then, I’ve bootstrapped myself and my content through various partnerships to the point where I felt confident enough to move on to having my own blog in my free-time. I’m intrigued with Aeternity’s focus on the real-world and its’ innovations, in an overarching sense. Looking forward to doing research and being at the conference in Prague in September.

2 Likes

Hey @blockdemic and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
We are happy to have you here as well!

Look around - there are so many exciting discussions here. I’d suggest you start by going through the “getting started” resources we are listing here:

https://blog.aeternity.com/æternity-getting-started-resources-95764450e204

And follow the weekly dev update calls we’re collecting here:

Best,
Albena

4 Likes

Thanks and I look forward to the conference.

3 Likes

Here’s also the Facebook event of the conference - you can signal that you’re going :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome @albena.chain
Sorry for the delay, I launched a few days ago a project that has everything to grow with æternity blockchain. It is a marketplace of hotel services. The site is active in Uruguay and soon we are raising funds to go to other markets.
Here the site (Bguest: http://bguest.uy/) and I share a note in the main newspaper here: Uruguayos crean Bguest, plataforma para disfrutar de hoteles sin pagar habitación

2 Likes

@albena.chain Thank you for the invitation to propose a campaign. I think it would be positive to have several digital marketing actions for the Latin and Brazilian markets.
I would like to make an analysis of how much talk about blockchain in the Latin market through social lisening. I understand that cryptocurrencies marked the way but much is unknown about the benefits.

3 Likes

Hey @FranciscoGoldaracena, that is great :slight_smile:
You can also apply for æternity’s startup accelerator Starfleet - @lukaskywalker.chain can help you with that :slight_smile:

Best,
Albena

2 Likes

Hi Francisco, this sounds really interesting. We will soon have something very active in Uruguay, maybe we should chat. Sent me a direct message

1 Like

Hi Luka, i’m glad you liked it. I have been hearing something about Aeternity on Linkedin here in Uruguay. The other day I went to an activity.

1 Like

Thanks @albena.chain :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

Hi everyone.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. In anticipation of Universe One, I’m opening up and sharing some of my thoughts with the community. Hope to provoke discussion, and I apologize if my tone is overly combative.

As for a background on me, I’m a programmer, podcaster, and artist. I like the idea of psuedo-anonymity in online discourse, and I hope to make as much of the opportunities in life as I can.

4 Likes

Hello @chmod777 and welcome, we’re glad to have you here :slight_smile:

Moving to your other post :wink:

Best,
Albena

Somebody give this person a ticket to ae universe, think we have a new guest speaker, great to get this kind of feedback from educated community members

3 Likes

Can someone from tech confirm the comment in this thread about a node being needed to utilise a state channel?

Hi. In order to create a state channel a client must conenct to a node. That node must run somewhere. That means a user has 2 options: (1) Connect to a trusted node, e.g. some mainnet node run by Aeternity itself; or (2) run a node himself/herself. In both cases the clients state channel will run on that node.

So yes and no. A node is required but users must not host a node per se themselves.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification