Introduction Thread

Hey don’t forget to tag @caya for relevant posts, she is also here! Let me tag you on some relevant topics you can start checking out to get you started off.

Hi all, I’m Ian, a copy and content writer that’s been in the blockchain space since late 2017, full-time. Since then, I’ve bootstrapped myself and my content through various partnerships to the point where I felt confident enough to move on to having my own blog in my free-time. I’m intrigued with Aeternity’s focus on the real-world and its’ innovations, in an overarching sense. Looking forward to doing research and being at the conference in Prague in September.

2 Likes

Hey @blockdemic and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
We are happy to have you here as well!

Look around - there are so many exciting discussions here. I’d suggest you start by going through the “getting started” resources we are listing here:

https://blog.aeternity.com/æternity-getting-started-resources-95764450e204

And follow the weekly dev update calls we’re collecting here:

Best,
Albena

4 Likes

Thanks and I look forward to the conference.

3 Likes

Here’s also the Facebook event of the conference - you can signal that you’re going :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome @albena.chain
Sorry for the delay, I launched a few days ago a project that has everything to grow with æternity blockchain. It is a marketplace of hotel services. The site is active in Uruguay and soon we are raising funds to go to other markets.
Here the site (Bguest: http://bguest.uy/) and I share a note in the main newspaper here: Uruguayos crean Bguest, plataforma para disfrutar de hoteles sin pagar habitación

2 Likes

@albena.chain Thank you for the invitation to propose a campaign. I think it would be positive to have several digital marketing actions for the Latin and Brazilian markets.
I would like to make an analysis of how much talk about blockchain in the Latin market through social lisening. I understand that cryptocurrencies marked the way but much is unknown about the benefits.

3 Likes

Hey @FranciscoGoldaracena, that is great :slight_smile:
You can also apply for æternity’s startup accelerator Starfleet - @lukaskywalker.chain can help you with that :slight_smile:

Best,
Albena

2 Likes

Hi Francisco, this sounds really interesting. We will soon have something very active in Uruguay, maybe we should chat. Sent me a direct message

1 Like

Hi Luka, i’m glad you liked it. I have been hearing something about Aeternity on Linkedin here in Uruguay. The other day I went to an activity.

1 Like

Thanks @albena.chain :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

Hi everyone.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. In anticipation of Universe One, I’m opening up and sharing some of my thoughts with the community. Hope to provoke discussion, and I apologize if my tone is overly combative.

As for a background on me, I’m a programmer, podcaster, and artist. I like the idea of psuedo-anonymity in online discourse, and I hope to make as much of the opportunities in life as I can.

4 Likes

Hello @chmod777 and welcome, we’re glad to have you here :slight_smile:

Moving to your other post :wink:

Best,
Albena

Somebody give this person a ticket to ae universe, think we have a new guest speaker, great to get this kind of feedback from educated community members

3 Likes

Can someone from tech confirm the comment in this thread about a node being needed to utilise a state channel?

Hi. In order to create a state channel a client must conenct to a node. That node must run somewhere. That means a user has 2 options: (1) Connect to a trusted node, e.g. some mainnet node run by Aeternity itself; or (2) run a node himself/herself. In both cases the clients state channel will run on that node.

So yes and no. A node is required but users must not host a node per se themselves.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification