I would like to reach an attention to consider moving to PoS.
Arguments that Bitcoin is not moving to PoS (like here: Proof of stake in future?) are nonsens. Bitcoins is a symbol and it will stay like this.
PoW is not sustainable:
- Fragmenting the hashing power leading to increased amount of successful attacks. Now the incentive to attack aeternity is low because the adoption is low. But once there will be enough dapps, it may be more profitable.
- Energy consumption (I’m not talking about validators, but about miners).
- Not scaleable.
- Lack of finality is an Achilles heel for developers. It creates many traps and bugs.
Ethereum is moving to PoS for a very good reason: sustainability and scaleability.
There has been massive amount of reasarch done to address the crutial problems of PoS:
- cartels (especially in dPoS versions)
- profitability (economical incentives)
Let’s bring back a discussion about PoS.
For the beginning I would like to propose a great reaserch done by Tezos team and their liquid PoS. Last month I was talking with Arthur and I think they come with a very interesting approach to PoS. Short explanation about it is here: liquid proof of stake, reddit.