I would like to know what do you think would be more beneficial:
- Lower mining reward (lower inflation)
- centralized BRI with more funds (> 11% of mining rewards)
- decentralized BRI with no changes to funds it receives (~11% of mining rewards)
- decentralized BRI with more funds (> 11% of mining rewards)
- No changes (current situation is optimal at the moment)
As you know BRI receives about 11% of mining reward now and these funds are under management of Aeternity Foundation. I would like to know if you think it would be more beneficial to just decrease inflation or rather to increase funds BRI receives and stream that funds to support research and development managed in a decentralized manner inspired by MolochDAO.
- “Centralized BRI” means that funds are managed by Aeternity Foundation.
- “Decentralized BRI” means that funds are managed by community.
There are many risks in both of these governance methods and game theory needs to be applied to governance algorithm.
P.S. Unfortunately there is no option for “BRI with less funding (< 11% of mining rewards)” and I can’t change the poll now. Nevertheless the poll can bring some interesting result.