Stackexchange æternity presence, we need all our community to collaborate

Hello @Everyone , this is the last update of our stackexchange proposal:

We keep growing on committer but we still need to improve way more our reputation. That 23% means that we only have 23 users with 200+rep on other stackexchange, so please engage on other SE sites that you like and participate, we can achieve this.

Why is important to commit?

Once we hit this stage, private beta will start and only those committed will have access to our own stackexchange site (until we get public beta). You can see it as becoming founders of æternity stackexchange site (cool huh?!). Everyone of the committee will be able (and asked) to make and answer 10 questions within 3 months to prove that we have a committed and interested community.

We have 2 more months to reach this.

That said, here is the link to commit and remember that it doesn’t matter if you already followed you still need to commit.

Link to COMMIT

I hope that all our @Ambassadors as well as @contributor are in process to commit.

And please we encourage you to promote this on your networks and between your colleagues.

Also don’t forget to improve your reputation by following other SE sites and reaching 200 rep points.

There is a good list of sites where we can participate here .

Please join some sites and participate on SE so you can get enough rep. You will learn better how SE works and it’s fun!

Thanks!

6 Likes

Cool, i’d love to have a StackOverflow site for Aetenrity. I went ahead and posted it to my SuperHero account. As a developer I know how great Stack Overflow can be for those building stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks for your support @hadees.chain !

Here is a short update on how we are with this proposal:

That 23 should be on 24% now but as they have a batch process that recalculates it will be updated soon.

We still need to push, we are far away but still on track. So keep sharing to your dev friends please.

Why is important to commit?

Once we hit this stage, private beta will start and only those committed will have access to our own stackexchange site (until we get public beta). You can see it as becoming founders of æternity stackexchange site (cool huh?!). Everyone of the committee will be able (and asked) to make and answer 10 questions within 3 months to prove that we have a committed and interested community.

We have 2 more months to reach this.

That said, here is the link to commit and remember that it doesn’t matter if you already followed you still need to commit.

Link to COMMIT

I hope that all our @Ambassadors as well as @contributor are in process to commit.

And please we encourage you to promote this on your networks and between your colleagues.

Also don’t forget to improve your reputation by following other SE sites and reaching 200 rep points.

There is a good list of sites where we can participate here .

Please join some sites and participate on SE so you can get enough rep. You will learn better how SE works and it’s fun!

Share , share , share! Thanks!

4 Likes

A few days ago, the Chinese community promoted it again, with a development value of 110 from 100. Progress is slow, move forward with weight.

4 Likes

Indeed @LiuShao.chain that was great and hopefully we will get more support from Chinese community.

3 Likes

Maybe go after some people who aren’t already on that site. Some of the coin holders, who don’t code, might not really understand why this is important.

2 Likes

Thanks @hadees.chain for you suggestions and support. So far we reached Erlang slack, Elixir forum, Ethereum dev slack , entire ae community (twitter, telegram, facebook etc). We are more focused on dev although I tried many time to explains to the non technical how he/she can also collaborate or being part. Coin holders seems to be the tougher audience though.

I keep explaining that is super important to have a bigger developers community but also business related people, entrepreneurs and they will have many questions on how things can be done, what could be the differentiator, validation business ideas etc. Any idea on that regard is more than welcome, we need everybody here.

5 Likes

@ae-omar
We’d love to help, but we don’t know what to do. If there is a tutorial it will be very convenient for us to push. Just like the program execution, I need to point where, go where, do what, point where.

2 Likes

I can provide you a short step by step tutorial on how to commit, you should be able to translate and share, does it work? Or may be a video but not sure how you will edit the voice or add subtitles in chinese.

2 Likes

Text can be, it is difficult to describe the picture mark, the translation of the matter to me! This is great.

2 Likes

Hey there we are adding ADS to other stackexchange related communities to get some more traction and Videos will be posted with explanations and how to.

Now we need some upvotes here

To get our ad promoted into Bitcoin SE site. Let’s do this guys! @contributor @Ambassadors and @everyone else!

Thanks

3 Likes

Well, I’m sad to share with you all that our StackExchange proposal was closed because of inactivity. I wanted to thank you all for the effort during the entire process by supporting, following, committing and sharing.

It wasn’t a lost battle, on the contrary it was a win. We had the chance and the opportunity to share what we do and seek, we got people’s attention and onboarded new members to our community and we learn more about community building.

Now it’s time to seek for the following steps and actions that will keep our community grow with very specific actions.

1. We already have a new tag working on BitcoinSE that can be used, this will make a lot of sense once we get Hyperchain working as there will be needs and specific questions for an to BTC technical and general community. You find, support by voting and use it here:

Newest 'aeternity-blockchain' Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange

You can help by voting up my question and making new questions as well as responding using this tag aeternity-blockchain also. Once I get more reputation points I’ll be able to add wiki description to the tag.

2. I’m starting the quest to get aeternity-blockchain tag on StackOverflow. There is two ways you can help me, first one to vote up my questions and answers if you think they are good enough :slight_smile: so I can get enough rep (1500 points) to register a new tag, second one if there is any @Ambassadors or supporter that has more than 1500 points on StackOverflow check on any of this questions below, edit and add aeternity-blockchain tag

smartcontracts - Can a hosted node support calling only whitelisted smart-contracts? - Stack Overflow

smartcontracts - Compilation of contract with include - Stack Overflow

Once we get the tag we will start posting questions with it and share.

3. Sharing articles on dev.to community with the aeternityblockchain tag

You can check on the first article I shared there and vote it so our tag gets published.

Bringing æternity technology closer to you - DEV Community 👩‍💻👨‍💻

Once again, I want to thank you all for the support and help and bear with me so we can keep this awesome community growing. Thanks @everybody @contributor @Ambassadors

3 Likes

I want to vote on your question, but it has the following tips, and I don’t know how to proceed.

Thanks for the feedback! Votes cast by those with less than 15 reputation are recorded, but do not change the publicly displayed post score.

1 Like

Thanks @LiuShao.chain it seems that you need to build up your reputation a little bit more for your votes to add. Maybe you can add questions too or answer and get some votes up.

2 Likes

@LiuShao.chain please check on Stack Overflow aeternity-blockchain tag use post

2 Likes

How many communities are AE there in the world?

Hi @chuxl, you can find the biggest communities right now on Twitter, Telegram, Reddit, Discord and WeChat (for the Chinese community)

谢谢!虽然现在市场表现不好,但是还是希望在不久的将来能得到改善。

1 Like