ToDo Manager Tutorial issues

Hey AE team! I’m working with ToDoManager’ tutorial on GitHub. I’m looking for making everything on my dev env instead of publishing the smart contract on testnet. There is a way for this?

Also, I’m trying to use Serveo service instead of ngrok (you have to pay for more than one SSL domain) but I’m getting “Invalid Host header”, when I was trying with ngrok it was working.

This is how I use it:

ssh -R 80:localhost:9000 -R 80:localhost:9001 serveo.net

There is any other port forwarding that we could use instead of ngrok (60d, no way to pay monthly)?

I figured that the port forwarding issue has something to do with host-header rewrite option, still looking how to solve it

I finally did it with ngrok (needed to pay it).

Now I’m having the following issues (some older from tutorial)

When trying to

forgae compile -n testnet

I get an error about -n command, doesn’t exist

Now I have deployed my contract on testnet (after successful tests on local node) using

forgae deploy -n testnet -s <yourPrivateKeyHere>

with one of the private keys generated from forgae node generated wallets.

I deployed locally both origin and identity app , setup identity with the following information:

export default {
pub: ‘ak_zPoY7cSHy2wBKFsdWJGXM7LnSjVt6cn1TWBDdRBUMC7Tur2NQ’,
priv: ‘36595b50bf097cd19423c40ee66b117ed15fc5ec03d8676796bdf32bc8fe367d82517293a0f82362eb4f93d0de77af5724fba64cbcf55542328bc173dbe13d33’,
aeppUrl: ‘https://01554766.ngrok.io’,
host: ‘https://sdk-testnet.aepps.com’,
networkId: ‘ae_uat’
}

Where my pub and priv key are the ones I mentioned above (test wallets).

Finally origin app has the contract address generated from the deploy, can be checked here:

What I’m getting when I run the aepp from base app is the following

And the error is (console)

GET https://localhost:9000/sockjs-node/info?t=1565129957712 net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property ‘balance’ of null

It’s funny that it stills try to get from localhost when I’m setting up ngrok ssl addresses.

1 Like

Hey, so I did some investigations and there is a few issues coming together as this tutorial is quite outdated.

• forgae compile -n testnet has to be run without -n testnet but this step is optional
  • forgae compile depends on forgae node to be run before
  • there is no need to open the identity aepp in the base aepp, this is plain wrong in the tutorial
  • you can just open localhost:9000 locally and see your app running without the base aepp
  • the sdk needs to be updated in both package.json of the aepp and identity to "@aeternity/aepp-sdk": "^4.3.0" otherwise it will not work

When just using ngrok http 9001 there is no need for a paid license, it is supported in the free version.

Also pinging the creators of the tutorial @martingrigorov.chain @vlad.ivanov @alekseytsekov.chain and created some issues here Issues · aeternity/tutorials · GitHub.

Thank you for your patience and I hope this helps to figure out how to run the tutorial.

Hey @ae-omar, try Piwo’s suggestions and if you still have some issues ping us. One note from me, you can refer to the Forgae’s documentation in gitbook, so you can be up to date with the latest changes.

Forgae documentation: AEproject - AEproject

Best,
Martin

1 Like

Thanks @philipp.chain and @martingrigorov.chain that was helpful . Identity app seems to be loading fine.

I did some steps forward, I can see todo list now, but when we add a task we get some issues:
calling a function on a deployed contract with func: add_to_do, args: ("My first task") and options: {owner: "ak_zPoY7cSHy2wBKFsdWJGXM7LnSjVt6cn1TWBDdRBUMC7Tur2NQ", deposit: 1, gasPrice: 1, amount: 1, callData: ""}
MessageEvent {isTrusted: true, data: {…}, origin: "https://585a7537.ngrok.io", lastEventId: "", source: global, …}
MessageEvent {isTrusted: true, data: {…}, origin: "https://585a7537.ngrok.io", lastEventId: "", source: global, …}
Home.vue?cabb:188 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of undefined
    at VueComponent.createTask (Home.vue?cabb:188)

as the error message said, something is undefined in Home.vue.
I think the sdk and/or usage of sdk may be outdated in the sample aepp.

1 Like

Thanks @philipp.chain I’ll try to figure it out, any clue is welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I was working on this and I figured is that the entire ToDo Manager tutorial is outdated, the way is instantiating smart contracts is outdated.

I found that forgae shape vue command starts a more updated ToDo Manager but with an old version of ToDoManager.aes smart contract (pretty easy to update public function to entrypoint) BUT when you try to start any of the apps (identity or aepp) you get an error, the same I got first time I launched forgae shape.

So in conclusion, forgae shape seems a much better way to start but there is some problem with it.
I was able to start my node, compile the updated smart contract but not able to run node servers.

This is the error I got:

omars-mbp:identity-provider omarsaadoun$ npm update
npm ERR! prepareGitDep 1> 
npm ERR! prepareGitDep > [email protected] install /Users/omarsaadoun/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-be16293f/node_modules/fsevents
npm ERR! prepareGitDep > node install
npm ERR! prepareGitDep 
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/.node
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   CXX(target) Release/obj.target/fse/fsevents.o
npm ERR! prepareGitDep Failed to execute '/usr/local/Cellar/node/12.6.0/bin/node /Users/omarsaadoun/.npm-packages/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js build --fallback-to-build --module=/Users/omarsaadoun/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-be16293f/node_modules/fsevents/lib/binding/Release/node-v72-darwin-x64/fse.node --module_name=fse --module_path=/Users/omarsaadoun/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-be16293f/node_modules/fsevents/lib/binding/Release/node-v72-darwin-x64 --napi_version=4 --node_abi_napi=napi' (1)
npm ERR! prepareGitDep 
npm ERR! prepareGitDep > [email protected] install /Users/omarsaadoun/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-be16293f/node_modules/ttf2woff2
npm ERR! prepareGitDep > (node-gyp rebuild > builderror.log) || (exit 0)
npm ERR! prepareGitDep 
npm ERR! prepareGitDep 
npm ERR! prepareGitDep > [email protected] install /Users/omarsaadoun/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-be16293f/node_modules/node-sass
npm ERR! prepareGitDep > node scripts/install.js
npm ERR! prepareGitDep 
npm ERR! prepareGitDep Downloading binary from https://github.com/sass/node-sass/releases/download/v4.9.2/darwin-x64-72_binding.node
npm ERR! prepareGitDep 
npm ERR! prepareGitDep > [email protected] postinstall /Users/omarsaadoun/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-be16293f/node_modules/jss
npm ERR! prepareGitDep > node -e "console.log('\u001b[35m\u001b[1mLove JSS? You can now support us on open collective:\u001b[22m\u001b[39m\n > \u001b[34mhttps://opencollective.com/jss/donate\u001b[0m')"
npm ERR! prepareGitDep 
npm ERR! prepareGitDep Love JSS? You can now support us on open collective:
npm ERR! prepareGitDep  > https://opencollective.com/jss/donate
npm ERR! prepareGitDep 
npm ERR! prepareGitDep > [email protected] postinstall /Users/omarsaadoun/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-be16293f/node_modules/webpack/node_modules/uglifyjs-webpack-plugin
npm ERR! prepareGitDep > node lib/post_install.js
npm ERR! prepareGitDep 
npm ERR! prepareGitDep 
npm ERR! prepareGitDep > [email protected] postinstall /Users/omarsaadoun/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-be16293f/node_modules/node-sass
npm ERR! prepareGitDep > node scripts/build.js
npm ERR! prepareGitDep 
npm ERR! prepareGitDep Building: /usr/local/Cellar/node/12.6.0/bin/node /Users/omarsaadoun/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-be16293f/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js rebuild --verbose --libsass_ext= --libsass_cflags= --libsass_ldflags= --libsass_library=
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/ast.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/ast.o ../src/libsass/src/ast.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/ast_fwd_decl.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/ast_fwd_decl.o ../src/libsass/src/ast_fwd_decl.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/backtrace.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/backtrace.o ../src/libsass/src/backtrace.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/base64vlq.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/base64vlq.o ../src/libsass/src/base64vlq.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/bind.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/bind.o ../src/libsass/src/bind.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   cc '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/cencode.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/cencode.o ../src/libsass/src/cencode.c
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/check_nesting.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/check_nesting.o ../src/libsass/src/check_nesting.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/color_maps.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/color_maps.o ../src/libsass/src/color_maps.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/constants.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/constants.o ../src/libsass/src/constants.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/context.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/context.o ../src/libsass/src/context.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/cssize.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/cssize.o ../src/libsass/src/cssize.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/emitter.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/emitter.o ../src/libsass/src/emitter.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/environment.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/environment.o ../src/libsass/src/environment.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/error_handling.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/error_handling.o ../src/libsass/src/error_handling.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/eval.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/eval.o ../src/libsass/src/eval.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/expand.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/expand.o ../src/libsass/src/expand.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/extend.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/extend.o ../src/libsass/src/extend.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/file.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/file.o ../src/libsass/src/file.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/functions.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/functions.o ../src/libsass/src/functions.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/inspect.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/inspect.o ../src/libsass/src/inspect.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/json.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/json.o ../src/libsass/src/json.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/lexer.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/lexer.o ../src/libsass/src/lexer.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/listize.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/listize.o ../src/libsass/src/listize.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/src -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/uv/include -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/deps/v8/include -I../src/libsass/include  -Os -gdwarf-2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -arch x86_64 -Wall -Wendif-labels -W -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fno-strict-aliasing -MMD -MF ./Release/.deps/Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/memory/SharedPtr.o.d.raw   -c -o Release/obj.target/libsass/src/libsass/src/memory/SharedPtr.o ../src/libsass/src/memory/SharedPtr.cpp
npm ERR! prepareGitDep   c++ '-DNODE_GYP_MODULE_NAME=libsass' '-DUSING_UV_SHARED=1' '-DUSING_V8_SHARED=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1' '-DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-DV8_IMMINENT_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS' '-D_DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE=1' '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' '-DOPENSSL_THREADS' '-DLIBSASS_VERSION="3.5.4"' -I/Users/omarsaadoun/.node-gyp/12.6.0/include/node -
1 Like

I can’t see any error there

@ae-omar this error appears when you call forgae node or ?

Not sure what to run node servers means here ?

Best,
Martin

@martingrigorov.chain this error appears first time when you do

forgae shape vue

when it tries to install identity and aepp

also if you try

npm install on any aepp-forgae-shape-vue/identity-provider or /aepp you get the same error

About

Not sure what to run node servers means here ?

it is this:

cd aepp-forgae-shape-vue/identity-provider
    npm run serve

what gives the following error

omars-mbp:identity-provider omarsaadoun$ npm run serve

> [email protected] serve /Users/omarsaadoun/Documents/AEternity/Labs/vue1/aepp-forgae-shape-vue/identity-provider

> vue-cli-service serve

sh: vue-cli-service: command not found

npm ERR! file sh

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! errno ENOENT

npm ERR! syscall spawn

npm ERR! [email protected] serve: `vue-cli-service serve`

npm ERR! spawn ENOENT

npm ERR! 

npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] serve script.

npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm WARN Local package.json exists, but node_modules missing, did you mean to install?

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:

npm ERR! /Users/omarsaadoun/.npm/_logs/2019-08-08T12_13_16_273Z-debug.log

@ae-omar Thanks for the explanation. We will investigate right away what the issue might be.

Martin

@philipp.chain here is the complete error log:
https://jpst.it/1O6K6

This doesn’t seem to be an error of the project, but with nodejs or gyp on your computer.

Hi @ae-omar!
I just try to run shape vue on ubuntu and mac and everything looks good. Also changed ‘node’ version from 11.xx.xx to 12.6.0(yours) it works, deleted node_modules folder and run ‘npm install’ thats work too. Just try to reproduce your problem. Did you try to install ‘shape vue’ in clean/new folder?

1 Like

Hi @alekseytsekov.chain, I tried a couple of times I get stuck here:

===== Initializing ForgAE =====

===== Installing aepp-sdk =====

===== Installing ForgAE locally =====

===== Installing yarn locally =====

===== Creating project file & dir structure =====

===== Creating contracts directory =====

===== Creating tests directory =====

===== Creating integrations directory =====

===== Creating deploy directory =====

===== Creating docker directory =====

===== ForgAE was successfully initialized! =====

===== Preparation of a ready-to-use aepp with predefined Vue.js frontend framework and forgae integration ===== 

where I get the error above. I’ll keep digging.

@ae-omar are you on Mac or Linux? If so can you try to install a variant of what are “build-essential” packages in ubuntu? (for ubuntu just do sudo apt-get install build-essential)

@philipp.chain 'm on Mac, what is weird that the other vue site (from this tutorial) works fine.

Anything I could check on Mac?

Can you try to install Xcode from the app store, then run xcode-select --install to install the developer dependencies for Mac that may help the build process of dependencies included with the js-sdk.

1 Like