Token Migration Phase 0 - Support and FAQ

I might be send to wrong wallet during the migration proccess. Thanks for your help and sorry for wasting your times.

I found my mistake I’ve done during the process. I had changed value of ‘amount to send’ form at the MEW link and that was my problem.
I tried second trial and noticed the warning of “Should not be changed!” and finally successed my migration.

Sorry for bother you guys!

A full node wallet is also not safe cold storage because it needs to be online.

No bother at all! You are very welcome.

I have a problem understanding about conception of 3 seperated phase(or hard fork).
What is the difference between migrating before the phase1(or 2) ends and migrating after the phase1(or 2) ends?
If I migrate after phase1(or 2) ends, then does that means my token have missed the hardfork1(or both 1, 2) and be lagged behind(or defective) than one with the migrated ealier?
If I just migrate before Phase3 ends, then can I get all the hardfork(or functional upgrade) I’ve missed before like updating old PC’s O.S.?
Why do I have to migrate before phases end(except phase 0 and 3)?
Sorry for poor English because it’s not my primary language.

Hey Sammy. I have a reply for you. The devs don’t expect change in the key pair generation once 1.0 is launched. Such change will affect the whole migration process. However, the problem with your method is primarily that if you lose your private key, there is no way to recover it, unlike in the case of using the aepps team tools where you have a passphrase. Also, in case something changes, the aepps process should have backwards compatibility, while the node key pair generation will not. I hope that clears things a bit. If not let me know.

Only trouble I had was buy more ETH to send transaction to contract.

Also you can read deleted posts…I failed to read the FAQ like a moron because it answered my redacted post.

1.请问aeternity的命名系统什么时候能用?
2.我在base.aepps.com注册了一个账户,登录后新添加了一个收款地址。但退出钱包后再重新登录,新增加的地址为什么会不见了?不是说一个钱包可以管理多个地址吗?

一. When will the naming system function?
二.I registered an account at base.aepps.com, Then I added a new payment address after logging in. But after logging out of the wallet and logging back in, why is the new address missing? Does it mean that a wallet cannot manage multiple addresses?

Okay, thanks. Very frustrating though, imo must have used bip39 everywhere including epoch.

2 Likes

When will the Ledger app be available?

The “ball” is in the hands of the Ledger team now. We have submitted the required code and information to them a while ago.

2 Likes

I’m also curious about this.

OK, I think I did the migration incorrectly. If I just used MEW and sent the tokens to the contract address, did I mess it up? My tokens are gone and after the fact I realized I did not use the generated contract data on the migration page.

I have completed the token transfer, but haven’t you got it in your wallet?

I am currently trying to find a reply to your question. When you use the tool to check if your æternity account has balance, what do you get?

Is this a question to us? You can check if your æternity account has balance using this tool.

No, no balance listed. Here is a link to the transaction: https://etherscan.io/tx/0xb167c10a436e8afb50f45e53f0d73c8a6145da0fdd6d47efcfffda633692737d.

Help! I don’t want to lose my AE.

1 Like

We need to evaluate, but what you have done is not good. Especially having in mind this:

Will let you know once I have info from the team.

I know. And my apologies for being a dumbass and not reading the instructions clearly. I realized after the fact that there was no way for the contract to know my AE wallet address (unless it was a unique contract address). Thank you for looking into it. Do you need my AE wallet address?

Yes, both - ETH address and AE account - you can send them via DM.

Hi! My AE tokens are stored on Binance account now. In your FAQ you assert that if I forget to migrate “You will still be able to migrate your AE tokens as long as you don’t use a smart contract to manage them”.

Unfortunately, I’m not a tech geek to use two smartphones, buy some ETH etc. to complete Phase 0 - I’m just an ordinary hodler.

What will happen to my AE tokens (stored on Binance) if I do nothing and ignore Phase 0? Could you put it in simple words please? Thank you!