Hyperchains whitepaper is released!

@contributor @yani.chain

I am glad to announce that the first version of the hyperchains whitepaper has been just released. The built PDF can be checked out at github or downloaded directly from here (309.9 KB).

This is a 1.0.0 release, which doesn’t necessary mean full-immutable-final. If you have some comments, criticism or anything you would like to mention – this is your time!

18 Likes

Hi dear core Dev,I have some questions, can you answer them for me?If we use some big existing PoW based chains (such as Bitcoin or Ethereum) to reuse their burned work to maintain the stability of the child chain.What role does Aternity play in it? What is the relationship between this hyperchains and Aeternity? Can the hyperchains exist without Aeternity? Is Hyperchains a new project?

2 Likes

Hyperchains are strictly based on the existing Aeternity implementation - by launching your own hyperchain you instantly gain access to all existing features of the AE ecosystem - FATE VM, Sophia, Oracles, Smart Contracts, State Channels, Naming System, etc…

Previously you could do it but the security would be questionable as for your private network to be considered safe you would need to create an immense decentralized network of miners. Hyperchains provide you instant maturity and security of your network even with very limited resources.

The hyperchains concept could be applied to other networks as well but for now Aeternity is creating the first implementation based on the Aeternity node.

5 Likes

Also it is worth noting that the first hyperchains are going to be backed by the aeternity mainnet

3 Likes

Long live AE!!

6 Likes

you mean something like Komodo DPoW?

Komodo’s globally-distributed network of 64 community-elected Notary Nodes perform the technical work that dPoW requires.

In our solution we don’t need any additional stuff like “community-elected Notary Nodes”, etc. Hyperchains will allow to take the all benefits of any existing hash rate supplier as is, without any intermediary between.

So the answer is that is absolutely different and, no, he doesn’t mean something like Komodo DPoW :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks like there is a resemblance between the two approaches but so does Bitcoin and Ethereum - they’re both crypto projects, right? The devil is in the details.

What the hyperchains white paper above describes is much more flexible and elegant, especially with regards of who produces the blocks, the entry barrier there is significantly lower and etc.

What I take back from Komodo project is that people need Hypoerchains :smiley:

7 Likes

Hi Team,

My question might be bit not relevant to the stage of the development of Hyperchain at the moment. So please pardon me .

Can you guys please throw some light on Token Economic model of Hyperchains. What have you thought about it.

Are we following any standard POS economic model. In the whitepaper I could not understand this (I am very new to the POS systems). But I tried to run a POS validator node myself and see if its economically possible to pay the rent of the servers at least from the delegations.

My test was on Harmony network. Currently with 600 nodes only the staking value is 6000,000 coins. Which is nearly USDT 41656. to get elected. I feel this is not optimal.

I will do the same exercise with Tezos and Polkadot. and come back with exact cost.

What I want to bring attention is that , If in Hyperchains the initial cost of election is comparatively low we can attract more node operators. I do understand that if the Value is low more chances of the node operator to become malicious actors. But I think with POS+POW combo we could be safe somehow.

Let me know your thoughts guys. Sorry If I am asking dumb question. But I am just telling from customer pain-point.

@gorbak25 @erlmachinedev1.chain

Thanks

4 Likes

hope for success.

good queation, you got an answer?

I’m just reading the WP and I’m so bullish on hyperchains

brilliant

1 Like

it seems there is some problem with the WP document, can’t see anything else from page 6 to 8

Just downloaded and opened >> working normally, all pages visible > have you tried to download directly from here ?

1 Like

thabks, now it works😃

1 Like

is there any AMA of Hyperchains?

3 Likes

Hello @Manel good question! Currently full focus on dev, and very soon AMAs will be organised ! Stay tuned, and feel free to propose activity / campaign / AMA hosted by…here: Proposals & Campaigns (CBCs) - æforum plus, Hyperchains FAQ here: Hyperchains FAQ

3 Likes

真心希望超链能够如约而至!

1 Like

Is the team out of money, or can’t do marketing.The bull market has come twice. Why is the value getting lower and lower

3 Likes

Can Hyperchains be used to talk between chains?

1 Like