Problem with Token Migration

Hello,

I bought some AE tokens 3 years ago and ran into a problem when migrating my tokens from ERC-20 to AE today. An “Invalid Date” error happened during the procedure and 0 tokens were migrated. However, when I am trying to run the procedure again, it says that “the balance has already been migrated”. I downloaded the PDF file to prove this error. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance!

I think due to the contract being used back in the ICO, the tokens are locked in the ERC-20 contract. I summon @nikitafuchs.chain to help you.

Hey, did you try this tool ? https://migrate.aeternity.com/#/

Yes, it is the tool I used and which generated an “Invalid date” error as output. Can I maybe share the PDF with you so that you can have a look at the problem?

Hi !!
just in case it is useful

Thank you for the link. Once again, I followed this exact procedure but it outputted an error and my tokens were not transferred to the desired AE address. At the moment, I lost access to all my tokens as they never arrived to the desired AE address and I cannot repeat the procedure!

If I had gotten $1 everytime someone claimed “I lost all my tokens” I’d be a rich man…

If you provide the Ethereum address were you had your tokens we can check the status of your migration.

2 Likes

Your tokens are not lost at any time, don’t worry :slight_smile: The migration process works in a way now that there is some thing like a snapshot of your old balance in the ethereum contract, available on aeternity. If you had any tokens on ethereum, you will get them on aeternity.

I know that my tokens are probably not lost, but it is not a very good feeling to have lost access temporarily :grimacing:
Here is the output of the token migration tool: https://migrate.aeternity.com/#/status/result/ak_kPmNNeggffuR9CVQBQ72KgrjJ3zd8SRPCyF6rStgWW4qbaFTy
Here is the used Ethereum address:
https://etherscan.io/address/0x725c7ff5d63254482b27c3a1823ac42541af0d58
Thank you for your help!

OK, let’s see. The first link says “You have successfully migrated your AE tokens to Mainnet.” - sounds promising, and the tokens were migrated to ak_kPmNNeggffuR9CVQBQ72KgrjJ3zd8SRPCyF6rStgWW4qbaFTy. (The migrated amount of 0.0 AE looks a bit less promising, but let’s stay positive!)

Let’s check the status of 0x725c7ff5d63254482b27c3a1823ac42541af0d58 at the token migration status page - it says that the tokens were indeed migrated, and the amount is roughly 1390 AE. The migration took place in transaction th_223wxMoGbxu55vQiFZvSmEgnGX45XREwphAdK5EAA5MwD3BKKV at height 265686.

Now let’s check the receiving account ak_kPmNNeggffuR9CVQBQ72KgrjJ3zd8SRPCyF6rStgWW4qbaFTy - it doesn’t list the token migration itself (since it happened inside a contract) but there is one transaction listed, that transfer roughly 1390 AE out of the account at height 265704 - so it seems plausible that the account indeed received the migrated tokens.

Finally I can ask my node about the balance change of ak_kPmNNeggffuR9CVQBQ72KgrjJ3zd8SRPCyF6rStgWW4qbaFTy at height 265686:

([email protected])33> BalanceDiff(265686, <<"ak_kPmNNeggffuR9CVQBQ72KgrjJ3zd8SRPCyF6rStgWW4qbaFTy">>).         

It received the correct amount at this height, so to me it seems that the migration was successful.

3 Likes