Public Developer Hangout [call with the æternity's devs]

any updates on that front?

Hello everyone!

The next Public Developer Hangout will take place on March 20th (this Wednesday) at 11:30 AM CET

Post your questions here, or ask them during the call. :slight_smile:

Best,
Vlad

@vlad.chain Wrong month there I presume, it is March right?

1 Like

Thanks, Hans. I fixed it! :slight_smile:

Hey all,

The Public Hangout starts in about 1 hour!

Join us here: https://meet.jit.si/ae-dev-hangout

You can ask all your questions in advance here in this thread!

Best,
Albena

Hi,

I have two questions:

1 Like

@albena.chain I think I still haven’t received answers for the last questions I had. unfortunately it was not possible for me to participate in the public hangouts until now :frowning:

can you write down the answers from the last calls where no recording is available?

Sorry, Marco, I’ll ask the developers to address them right away :wink:

2 Likes

Everyone,

Here is the recording from today’s (Vol. 4) Public developer Hangout:

Best,
Vlad

1 Like

Regarding state channels. In general – aeternity’s would do most of what Lightning could do if I understand correctly? Definitely from a peer-to-peer standpoint? Is this correct?

1 Like

Are state channels/off-chain solutions better than VMs which are on-chain? If so why?

1 Like

I have another question… How many sidechains are currently processing transactions?

1 Like

Hey @AngelinaPresley, the off-chain scalability solution that æternity is using are state channels - there are no limit to the number of state channels a user can open and use, nor to the transaction processed through the state channel.

Thank you for the explanation, what I was asking was could you please confirm in total how many state channels are currently open and processing transactions at the moment?

Hey all,

You haven’t forgotten that the next public hangout is tomorrow, right?

Ask all your questions here and the devs will answer them during the call :slight_smile:

Tune in at 11:30 AM CEST - https://meet.jit.si/ae-dev-hangout

Best,
Albena

We are starting in a few minutes :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

I failed to record the public hangout, I am very sorry about it :frowning:

But, we will try to answer the questions here and whoever is interested in State Channels and couldn’t participate, can tune in the Telegram AMA Session with Dimitar Ivanov tomorrow -

Best,
Albena

I will try to record the next hangout myself, since the problem is most probably related to internet connection speed and computer hardware.

Apologies for this!

Nonetheless, this we still prefer to use open-source tools, although they may not be perfect.

Hey everyone,

The next public hangout with æternity’s developers is scheduled for this Wednesday!

We are eager to hear your questions - please ask them here in this thread!

Talk to you soon - April 17th, 11:30 AM CEST - Jitsi Meet

Best,
Albena

Don’t forget the hangout is tomorrow!
Looking forward to hearing your questions :wink: