Hope you are well !
Below you could find our updated Aeproject improvement proposal as per the latest template suggested by @lydia
Status: Rejected on the 27.05.2020
Last updated: 07.05.2020
Approved Budget (in h): N/A
Used Budget (in h): N/A
Planned Delivery: in 10-12 days after start
- Live showcase aepp with state-channels
- We plan to spent time for our Windows users, so they would have smoother experience
- We will end up with most up to date version of the Aeproject, which will adopt the latest changes of the JS-SDK
Definition of Terms
Aeproject - contract development kit. Tool for developers which allows its users to easily deploy, compile, run local node & many more.
It has been a while since the last PR was merged in the master branch of our beloved Aeproject. Regrettably, it lagged behind from the latest version of the JS-SDK & the Node version.
Apart, there are people around in the forum which seem to have struggles on working with our CLI smoothly on Windows machines. We would like to take the time to dig around and see what’s causing their issues.
AEproject core improvement, community & protocol support
Currently aeproejct is working on windows and it has documentation for requirements for windows usage.
Still, there are some reports from users for issues that we need to investigate. We propose to invest time and trying to reproduce their issues. That will include working closely with the community.
Coffee Shop State Channels Showcase Aepp
Currently the project is outdated. The work needed to be up and running is:
- Create and aeternity node in the cloud and sync it. The node must has state channels ports exposed.
- Update the project supporting latest version of SDK, Node and compiler
- 11-12 business days
- up to 4 days / month for community support
After the hard fork to Lima we tried to deploy the Coffee shoe aepp, we had struggles to sync our node as we were always connecting to ghost peers, or had experienced timeouts when adding block to the DB.
This lead us to re-start the process all over again, but we never manage to fully sync the node in order to go live.
We need to talk to the core team to see if they have solved the issue.
- Better Windows support
- Coffee Shop (state-channels showcase aepp)
- Updating to the latest version of dependencies and fixing bugs is a must for maintaining a tool.
- Compatibility functionality will save lots of time and struggle for developers.
- More presence in the community