Token Migration Phase 0 - Support and FAQ

I have completed the token transfer, but haven’t you got it in your wallet?

I am currently trying to find a reply to your question. When you use the tool to check if your æternity account has balance, what do you get?

Is this a question to us? You can check if your æternity account has balance using this tool.

No, no balance listed. Here is a link to the transaction: https://etherscan.io/tx/0xb167c10a436e8afb50f45e53f0d73c8a6145da0fdd6d47efcfffda633692737d.

Help! I don’t want to lose my AE.

1 Like

We need to evaluate, but what you have done is not good. Especially having in mind this:

Will let you know once I have info from the team.

I know. And my apologies for being a dumbass and not reading the instructions clearly. I realized after the fact that there was no way for the contract to know my AE wallet address (unless it was a unique contract address). Thank you for looking into it. Do you need my AE wallet address?

Yes, both - ETH address and AE account - you can send them via DM.

Hi! My AE tokens are stored on Binance account now. In your FAQ you assert that if I forget to migrate “You will still be able to migrate your AE tokens as long as you don’t use a smart contract to manage them”.

Unfortunately, I’m not a tech geek to use two smartphones, buy some ETH etc. to complete Phase 0 - I’m just an ordinary hodler.

What will happen to my AE tokens (stored on Binance) if I do nothing and ignore Phase 0? Could you put it in simple words please? Thank you!

What you are referring to is the phase after the final migration phase (Phase 3). The ETH smart contract that manages AE tokens currently will expire after the end of Phase 3 and AE tokens will become “unmovable”. This will change the migration process, making it more difficult to migrate. However, that is almost 10 months from now. In this period Binance might start supporting AE token migration for its users. This is not certain though.

Soo, if Binance has not started to support AE migration by September 2, 2019, you will need to do the migration manually - following the steps mentioned in the migration web page. If you do that, your AE tokens will be included in one of the scheduled hard forks (each Phase ends with a scheduled hard fork). If the hard fork is approved by the community of miners and users, your tokens will be transferred to the Mainnet and will become available on an aeternity account (wallet address).

It seems AE have only dev team, no maketing team.
Few people know the migration and when phase 0 ends. And why not push most of the token holder migrate in phase 0. Several phases will make migration complex, and infomation hard to be known by more people.

1 Like

While I understand where you are coming from, I can assure you AEternity updates are timely but you do need to know where to look for them ( as in you won’t get an email reminding you to to migrate your tokens).

There is a clear schedule about what each phase entitles, I don’t remember seeing exact dates, but that is understandable since epoch launch was delayed to ensure quality and features.

As far as I can see this migrations (hard forks) would happen even if there are no tokens to migrate, only because of the fact that hard forking is the only way to introduce new features to the network. Since those features are planned, it makes sense to have token migration at that time. As the team said, you have the risk of the network refusing the update, if this happens your tokens won’t be migrated and it will be an issue.

I am not associated with AE team, but I hope I helped clarify your questions a little bit.

EDIT: The schedule is in the blogpost

• End of Phase 0 (pre-Mainnet): November 25, 2018
  • End of Phase 1: February 2019
  • End of Phase 2: May 2019
  • End of Phase 3: After 2 September, 2019 (Ethereum AE tokens become non-transferable)

According to this, We can expect Mainnet after November 25 2018 and before February 2019! This is exciting. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey,

It is clearly stated in the blog post shared at the beginning of this thread that Phase 0 of AE token migration will continue until November 25th, 2018.

Plus, we said that this first phase will end before the Mainnet launch so all transferred tokens will be included in the Genesis block.

We decided to split the migration into 4 phases so we can give all AE token holders the opportunity to safely migrate their tokens even after the Mainnet launch. If there was only 1 strict period for migration, the Mainnet launch would take far too long and there would be no way to help those who haven’t migrated in time.

I hope that helps,
Albena

Thank you @Kryztoval, you are right - the hard forks are scheduled but we do not know how they will go and thus, we cannot guarantee how the token migrations in phases 1, 2 and 3 will go either.

Regards,
Albena

When I get to the step “Prepare Your Transaction with MyEtherWallet” my Eth address shows as blank (“0x …”)

Did I miss a step where I need to associate the Air Gap app with my existing MEW account where my AE is located?

Thank you for helping out a newb :]

I’ts supposed to show 0 because your transferring your erc20 AE tokens from your MyEtherWallet to your new AE main net Acct and only using ETH for gas to process the transaction. So the new Acct that starts with a ak_ is the receiving acct.

1 Like

Hello!

I have two questions.

1.- When you say in FAQ “It is also possible that at some point, ERC-20 AE tokens and AE will be simultaneously tradable on exchanges.”, does that mean that it could happen that both tokens (ERC20 and actual mainnet AE tokens) could be listed and found as tradeable assets? In that case both of them could have different prices?

I think if, let’s say, Binance has supported the mainnet migration, maybe they only accept mainnet AE tokens but not ERC20 tokens anymore, also, in this case, if I didn’t make the migration on phase 0, that would mean I could not trade my tokens (ERC20) on this exchange. Or viceversa, maybe they not support the migration yet and only accept ERC20 tokens but not mainnet AE tokens yet, also, in this case, if I actually made the migration, the only token I have is mainnet AE tokens, but still not tradeable at least on Binance as on this example they have not supported the migration yet.

Also, if they accept both tokens, I am not sure if that means there would be two “separate coins” listed with two possible different prices. A solution I can think of about is they accept both tokens and they only list just one “AE” asset so we can only see one price, so they could provide both withdrawal options, ERC20 and mainet tokens. The problem in this case is the exchange could run out of one kind of tokens for withdrawals. So I don’t know if this idea is possible.

2.- My 2nd question is if you have an idea when the mainnet will launch, because I will participate on phase 0 migration which is until nov 25th, but while the mainnet launch is not ready yet that means that money is “on hold” for that period of time. Depending on that timeframe, I would be migrating a certain amount or another, as I wouldn’t like to put “on hold” all of my AE tokens for a long period of time.

Thank you for your support and keep up the good work.

Regards!

1 Like

You need your ae erc20 tokens in the MEW (MyEtherWallet) account or compatible device in order to use it. You created an a eternity address in airgap and you will use the public address as a parameter for the transaction but that is the only use of that right now. In this MyEtherWallet account you need to have your tokens and some ether to pay for gas.

I’m not seeing where you can read deleted posts though

Considering the mainnet tokens and the erc-20 tokens will be completely separate tokens , if both are accepted at an exchange, they would have to be different tokens.

Airgap Vault is not allowed on my 2nd Android Phones. I was planning to do the migration using the 2 phone strategy with Airgap, however, on all 3 spare Android Phones I cannot install AirGap Vault (it allows Airgap wallet). Somehow Airgap Vault requires the latest Android software, and you cannot run this on all older Smartphones. There goes my plan for the migration. I am not going to install both Airgap Wallet and Vault on one Smart phone, too risky… Why does it have to be so complicated to do a safe migration to AE mainnet coins? All I can do now is to wait for Ledger Nano support, which is in Phase-1…