[VIDEO] How to access your non-transferable ERC-20 AE token on aeternity Mainnet (LIMA)

No, it means that the migration into account ak_KQD1...zah was successful and that the migrated tokens have already been moved out of that account. I’m pretty sure that is what I wrote also the first time?!

Well, the migrated tokens we are discussing are on the Aeternity network, of course the frozen tokens on the Ethereum network isn’t magically affected by this!?

I see, so I attempted to migrate frozen tokens on the Ethereum network that I forgot to migrate before September 2nd 2019 but what I did is meaningless and there’s no way to salvage. Am I right?

Hmm, just out of curiosity do you have any understanding of what an ERC-20 token is, and how the ERC-20 AE token relates to the actual AE chain and the AE tokens there?

The quick story is that they are completely separate things, and the migration aimed to “move” from the ERC-20 tokens onto the actual chain. The token sale took place in Ethereum, as an ERC-20 token and once the development was finished these were transferred onto the real chain. This was done in four stages, and at the end the ERC-20 token contract on Ethereum was frozen (this means it can’t change, ever, so what is still there will remain there forever). What we (the AE team) did was to help those who failed to do the migration in one of these four stages by migrating the remaining tokens into a contract on the AE chain. The migration process you’ve gone through relates to the tokens in this contract, and as far as I can tell you have successfully gotten your tokens. The ERC-20 ones (as seen on MEW) are immobile and worthless so you don’t need to worry about those.

Thanks to your explanation. Now I understand how ERC-20 token behaves.
I noticed I totally misunderstood about that.
I’d like to ask you one thing, At that time I just attempted to “transfer” ERC-20 tokens on MEW to ak_KQD1vgQC2Znd5Aon6azmzdjdC7WEEsNHa9ZSd3BHXme3Z1zah, which actually is Binance wallet, because I thought it can be transferred.
While I somehow have done with migration process successfully, the AE balance on the address mentioned above still shows zero balance. It means I technically haven’t got tokens. What I wanted to know is if it can be helped.

It doesn’t “still show a zero balance”… Firstly the balance isn’t zero, just very close to zero. Secondly there is a transaction of ~2000 AE FROM this account, so yes at some point the balance was 2000 AE… (I.e. the transfer/migration was successful, and then the tokens were moved on from there.)

Unfortunately, I don’t know anything about Binance and how their wallets work, maybe you should ask them?

1 Like

@hanssv.chain
Thank you very much for your patient and precise messages.
I really don’t know about the (stealing-like) transaction has made, so I have asked Binance to investigate. Thanks again.

Hello, I need your help.
I tried to connect to Trezor from Mata Mask and send an AE.
But I can’t.
The Transaction has been reverted is displayed.
What should i do?
Best regards
Yukinobu Matsumura
Email: [email protected]

doesn’t work on trust Wallet. Please help us.

Hello
I also need your help.
Below is my information.
Failed Tx: th_xBVN2jEDBTTudsFD3tWnP4gxksNQTbLJWu6FT55RsokumRgrj

ETH Address: 0xd53c85743525070943c18f05e92a5d0290e108eee7f7a4a1cea93e7e739fb687

AE Address: 0x5CA9a71B1d01849C0a95490Cc00559717fCF0D1d

YUKINOBU

Hello
I am in trouble because I cannot transfer.
Please double check that you have correctly signed your myether account with your AE address only.

Please tell me how to sign specifically.

YUKI

The first doesn’t look like an ETH address (it is too long), the second doesn’t look like an aeternity address(wrong format). What ETH address are you trying to migrate from?

Hello.

Thank you for contacting us.

I don’t really understand computers.
sorry.

Currently, the sender’s Ether address is
0x9A8B46BD549679eAC1fBE22b386715666Ec347c4

I am using TREZOR to connect to MEW.

Where can I find the Aeternity address?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Yukinobu Matsumura

I just asked for the information to try to provide some pointer. Firstly, given your ETH address you can check your migration status here - in this case it (as expected) says that no successful migration has taken place.

To do the migration, follow the procedure in the video (linked in the first post in this thread) - the most complicated step is where you sign the aeternity address (where you want the tokens to end up) using the key for the ETH address that you are migrating from. The Aeternity address has the format ak_... and you can create such an address in several ways. But the fact that you don’t seem to know your address suggests that you might have not signed the right thing?

Aeternity project

Hello.

Thank you for contacting us many times.

I will send you 5 images of my work.
(AE NO.5-1 ~ 5-5)

The sender’s Ether address is
0x9A8B46BD549679eAC1fBE22b386715666Ec347c4

Aeternity address is
ak_9Ga5n2Nn52cydnUMhKoTzepRrreTGD6uQfKpWdT4r4hRei5J9

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Yukinobu Matsumura

PS
I can’t speak english
This sentence was also created using Google Translate software.
Please forgive me if there is a rude sentence or a sentence that I do not understand.

Thank you
The migration was successful using the mew options.
Thank you for your kindness

Yukin0408

Thank you
The migration was successful using the mew options.
Thank you for your kindness&help

Yukin0408

In the second picture, the message you should sign has to be exactly the Aeternity address, i.e. “ak_2WRL4…” not “reo matsumoto” - I think the instructions are pretty clear on that…

Well, the tool is broken… But if you check the migration status here - you’ll see that it worked perfectly…

and here is the migration transaction.

@martingrigorov.chain can possibly explain why the tool complains incorrectly in the last step - it might be browser dependent.