after final work, testing and adjustments on the governance aepp, we are ready to release it to mainnet. We did take in a lot of feedback from our previous testing sessions at Aeternity Governance Aepp Public Testing.
All development is open source, the source code can be found here found at aeternity/aepp-governance. The software can be run by anyone and doesn’t require any secret info or centralized services. Verification of poll results is easy and can be done publicly.
Try it out!
Open https://governance.aeternity.com/ in your base-aepp to participate in polls or create new ones. Opening the site outside base-aepp will show a read-only version of the governance aepp.
We are still in a testing phase
This means, the aeternity crypto foundation did not finally decide how to take signaling results from the governance aepp into effect. Also participating with ledger hardware wallets is still not perfectly supported and may distort signaling results.
Once the aeternity crypto foundation makes an decision on use of the governance aepp, we will hear from @emin in another forum post.
- We will gather feedback on the current instalation of the governance aepp software and eventually make adjustments that are required.
- We continue to work on ledger support.
- Smaller features are still in our development pipeline to optimize the user experience.
- We will post a guide how to run the governance software on for yourself.
- We will post a guide how anyone can easily verify the poll results for themselves.
- We will post developer documentation to integrate the governance aepp in other wallets.
Any feedback, wishes and other comments are always welcome, lets use this forum post as gathering of those.
Thank you and have fun!