Introduction Thread

I am a seasoned (aka old) software developer and cybersecurity evangelist. I graduated (probably before most of you were born) back when computers were the size of buildings and programmed with punch cards. After a 35-year career with ATT, I retired 5 years ago and trying to give back to the community. I’m a huge advocate of Erlang, Elixir, and anything OTP (which means “One Tough Platform” to me). See Duncan Sparrell - Let it Be Hacked - Code Beam SF 2018 - YouTube for my talk at CodeBeamSF2018 to see where I’m coming from.

3 Likes

Welcome! Thank you for joining the aeternity community! :slight_smile:

Hello @sfractal and welcome! We are happy to have you here!

Many of æternity’s core developers are programming veterans just like you, so we’ll appreciate your input here!

Thank you for sharing your talk with us, it’s quite interesting :slight_smile:

Best,
Albena

1 Like

You are great! Thanks for your ongoing support.

3 Likes

Hey guys, I’m Bojan, from Cryptic Legends team. Our team is based in Serbia and we are building a hero management game as a part of Starfleet vol2. program. Check out our landing page for more details

Looking forward to working more closely with the rest of the aeternity ecosystem!
Hopefully, there is a number of gamers in the community, so if you are one, apply for our beta.

2 Likes

Hey everyone!
My name is Nemanja, also from the Cryptic Legends team. I am coming from the game dev side, having designed mobile and board games for several years. I believe there are many benefits in mixing blockchain and games for both gamers and game developers and I look forward to helping make this real and widespread.

3 Likes

Hello, Bojan and Nemanja :slight_smile: Nice to have you both here!

We have a dedicated category for the Starfleet projects, here it is:
https://forum.aeternity.com/c/starfleet

We are very curious to learn more about Cryptic Legends so, please make sure to update us often :wink:

Best,
Albena

2 Likes

Hi folks,

I’m Aleksandar, one of the co-founders of Cryptic Legends.
Looking forward to working with you all.

Cheers

4 Likes

Hi guys,

I am Tim from the Abend team. My skills are more within marketing and sales than in software development, however I am extremely interested in the business models behind different blockchain ideas and the way Aeternity can help execute these.
Abend is very active in the event industry, among others having our own events, build the leading software for event online marketing and a ticketing solution. On top of that backround we plan to build on site payment solutions for events on the aeternity blockchain.

Looking forward to discuss with you guys in this forum to get the roadblockers that we all have removed.

Cheers and have a nice day,
Tim

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am Björn working together with Tim on Abend. Contrary to him though, I am one of the two tech leads in the team. I studied electrical engineering originally but have been in Software development during my entire studies and right after the first iPhone came out and the App store opened I started building mobile apps in 2009. Have been mostly focused on front end and product design since. I got into bitcoin in 2013 and have been following the crypto scene since and am really excited to finally work on my first blockchain software project. Aeternity is a really exciting technology for us and we already got some first proof of concepts running with the javascript sdk. Looking forward to learning a lot here and some interesting discussions,

all the best,
Björn

3 Likes

Hello Tim and Björn, nice to have you here and your project Abend as part of the Starfleet :slight_smile:

Please tell our community some more about Abend in the dedicated Starfleet category :slight_smile:

Best,
Albena

1 Like

Heya, I’m hendi and also part of team Abend. I’m coding since elementary school (wrote software to do my maths homework), got into Bitcoin in 2010 before MtGox launched, mined one of the first 100 Ethereum blocks and have a pretty good track record of noticing and valuing good tech (I’m bad at investing though). My interests are security and crypto* (-graphy and -currencies), and my latest project in this space is https://grin-pool.org which I run.

Why am I here? Aeternity looks like a much more interesting solution than Ethereum’s sharding approach, so I’m excited to build something on the AE platform with Björn and Tim. We’ll be in Sofia in April and hope to meet many of you there.

3 Likes

Hi there! I’m Cristóbal (strong O… really hard to pronounce or even to explain to people that don’t have strong vowels in their language, so you can call me Chris), I’m 39 years young, started coding when I was 12, I’m a member of Mensa International. My specialty has been integration of systems. I have worked as a system administrator since i was 15, at 18 I installed and configured a System Control And Data Acquisition for an Oil and Gas company, integrated several system and meters and also developed several database software for measuring, showing, and reporting information from those systems. Lately I made a middleware for aeternity in mongo/node, coded the telegram tipping bot and a simple explorer that goes with the middleware to show the information from it.

I like problem solving and I think crypto currencies can be really useful if adopted properly. Sadly for this to happen we need to see a huge change in paradigms, but I’m here to put my 2 cents in it!

I come off as mean (that’s not an illusion, I am really mean) but I also come off as helpful (I try to help as much as I can). It’s good to be here!

My links are:
Backup of the official explorer: https://ae.criesca.net
Middleware explorer: http://old.criesca.net
Middleware mongo/node: GitHub - kryztoval/aepp-middleware-mn: Aeternity Middleware Mongo/NodeJS
Middleware aeternity node: https://ae.criesca.net:3011/api
Telegram bot: Telegram: Contact @AeternityTipBot

P.S. I am not a web designer, so don’t expect the stuff I make to look pretty. I’m an engineer, so i make things functional, not beautiful! Also, if anyone wants to do design for those things or use any of the things i made into your own design, you will be more than welcome!

6 Likes

Hey @hendi and welcome, nice to have you here! I am really excited about what the future holds for Abend - so, see you in Sofia in April to talk more :wink:

Hey @Kryztoval, we all really appreciate your work and contributions here :slight_smile:
Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I’m Javier, one of the co-founders of Instatrust1.
Looking forward to working with you all. I’mm be in your care.

Regards, J

2 Likes

Welcome @javier_m, nice to have you here :slight_smile:

Please tell us more about Instatrust1, we are all curious to know more!

Yes, it is just awesome. Although, Spanish threads are not that much popular as are English ones on forums

1 Like

Hi Aeternity Community.

We are Satoshi Initiatives. We provide an ecosystem via our discord channel where Blockchain Projects Team Members and Users can connect.

We do many Meetups in Canada per year, and have an upcoming event of Aeternity in April. We were invited to the forum from the Cent Social Platform, member of SI Discord.

We did look around the forum, and did check out the Meetup and Event tab. Yet, we did not locate the Meetup we are attending for Aeternity. We will write up a post in the appropriate channel concerning this.

Thank you,
Stephan T. (RingMaster)
Satoshi Initiatives
Discord: Discord
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SatoshiInitiat1

3 Likes

Hey @SatoshiInitiatives and welcome! We are happy to have you here!
We’ll put you in contact with our æmbassador in Canada :slight_smile:

In the meantime, look around and join the discussions!

Best,
Albena